CHP 3 || A Proposition

●○●

-Kit-

"Okay so, to obtain the methods, you must..." I pressed the tip of my marker against the whiteboard, raising my eyebrows at Mark.

"Uh... the coefficients must be zero simultaneously?"

"Correct." I gave him a little smile, nodding my head, "Now, will you be able to solve it?"

"Yeah, I think so." Mark nodded, leaning over his notebook and beginning to jot down the equation, "So... so this is wrong. And this..."

Mark continued murmuring under his breath as I leaned back against the whiteboard, rubbing at my neck.

It has been almost an hour now, and Mark and I were still in the classroom. Ever since I had agreed on tutoring him yesterday, Mark decided that our first lesson was to be today. He called me over to one of the empty classrooms by the cafeteria, one which was not really used. As soon as I stepped in, he had greeted me happily and we proceeded with the lesson.

I maintained my distance at the whiteboard, though, while he took a seat at one of the empty tables. And for the following hour, we haven't discussed anything out of the subject, nor have I even tried. I agreed to tutor him, yes, but that didn't mean I was willing to pursue any other type of friendly relationship with him.

Although, I did admit that there was a certain question bugging me. I mean, he did answer it already, in a way... but this was a slightly different question. And well, it wouldn't hurt to ask.

"Kid?" I called out, my arms crossed against my chest and my back still against the board.

"Yes, Phi?" He looked up, his bright eyes locking with mine almost instantaneously.

"Why did you want me to tutor you, exactly?" I questioned, "I mean, yes I get that you mentioned that I'm, well, the brains- which I do take as a compliment and do appreciate, but there are many people out there who are as good. And besides, it's not like we were to ever stumble upon each other anytime soon..."

Mark put on a thinking face, pouting his lips, "Hmm. I don't know. I guess it's because you're the first one Wayu mentioned to me."

"Ah, so if he mentioned someone else then you would have gone to them?"

"Nope."

I frowned, not understanding.

"But I..." Mark titled his face, poking the cover of his pen into his cheek, "I also chose you because I think you are cute, Phi."

What the fuck.

I immediately frowned, a stupefied expression growing on my face. 

"I'll... ignore that comment." I finally stated, "I'll rephrase. If Wayu was to show you someone else before he showed you myself, would you have gone to them?"

Mark went silent for a moment before nodding, "I guess so."

"Then you should reconsider that decision."

"What? Why?" Mark questioned in alarm, straightening up in his seat, "I thought you agreed on tutoring me."

"I'm not saying that I won't. I am your tutor for now. But I don't know for how long I'll continue. I have exams coming up soon, you see, so I'll be really busy. So busy to the point that I won't be able to have time to see my friends either."

"Oh..." The engineering student seemed to crumple up for a few seconds before he finally started to speak again, "But, P'Kit."

I raised my brow, willing him to continue.

"I also have exams soon; and they do come before yours, since I do recall one of my Medical friends mentioning your faculty exams at some point. But anyway, that's why I really need help with these topics. I haven't been studying well recently because I was... well, a little distracted with some things... but, I really hope you'll be able to stick with me until I'm done? Just for one more week? And I promise I won't bother you at all after that." 

He was putting on a pleading tone and I flinched inwardly, for a moment not knowing how to respond.

He's really such a kid.

"One week? Just one week?" I said carefully.

Mark nodded, a determined look settling upon his features, "That's it. Not a day more."

"And you won't bug me anymore after that?"

Mark nodded again.

I sighed, uncrossing my arms and letting them rest by my sides, "Okay then, one week."

It's just one week, how hard could it be?

●○●

●○● A/N: Oh it's definitely gonna be just one week, Kit! *smirk smirk*