CHP 42 || I Confess to You

●○●

-Mark-

Any other day, any other hour, I would have reciprocated Kit leaning up to me. I would have reacted in a way I know I would react. But I simply moved my head to the side in avoidance, my hands tightening strongly on Kit's shoulders. I could see the moment his gaze turned into an upset one, confused and all, as his eyes followed mine desperately.

"What.." He began to say, "Why- why did you move?"

"Phi."

I was angry, the hurt filling me up inside. I was really angry, it was almost blinding me. But my heart was a traitor. A damn traitor, as I feel it beat faster for the man staring up at me.

"You can't do this to me." I say.

At first, I could feel that he was pushing strongly against my stubborn hands, but now, his movements subsided, and Kit's hands slowly uncreased away from my shirt.

"You can't just-" My voice was trapped by my own lack of confidence, by my own surge of surfacing hurt, "You can't just come knocking on my door and try to kiss me. Do you understand how I feel right now?"

Kit has gone deathly quiet, his gaze never leaving mine.

"You don't, do you?" 

He had released me by now, but his hands were merely hanging by the sides of my shirt, not really holding me.

"You don't understand how I feel, seeing someone that has avoided me all week and wouldn't even reply to my texts and- god, how do you think I coped with that? I sent you texts, I tried to talk to you, but you wouldn't even respond. And now, you come to my place, drunk, and how I wish you weren't drunk, and you're trying to kiss me and.."

"Mark, please.." I never heard Kit sound so frail before, "Listen to me."

I shake my head, and he immediately stops his string of words to whatever he wanted to say.

"Not when you're drunk like this, P'Kit." I respond, "And then you'll wake up in the morning and tell me you don't remember? Or that you forgot? No, P'Kit. I can't do it this way. I can't bring myself to listen to you now."

Then, I sighed, taking a step back away from him, and pulling the door further open.

"But you listen to me, Phi, it's late now. It's late and there's no way in hell am I letting you go home alone in this state. Sleep over tonight, and you can leave in the morning."