CHP 27 || I'll Prove To You

●○●

-Kit-

I don't think I've ever been so uncomfortable in my life. Not only was I currently having dinner with Mark, but that kid has been using most of his time to ogle at me as I ate. Or well, as I tried to eat. 

"Do you know that it's rude to stare?" I bellowed for the nth time tonight.

"Um- right, sorry, I just..." He quickly looked away, averting his attention to the wontons he had ordered.

We weren't at our usual cafe. I call it the usual cafe because that's where Mark and I had our meals together so far. Instead, we were at one of the outdoor restaurants by the campus. It was a change. For once, I was glad we were sitting in the open air for I wouldn't be able to handle this suffocating feeling I'm getting from Mark's eyes not leaving my fucking face.

I'm so mad, I think this is the longest time I've ever spent with this guy. To begin with, he did tag along with me after I left the Engineering facility today. Not that I could argue to that, I knew that it was hopeless to argue. And plus, I was already feeling awkward enough the moment I arrived at those grounds. So I guess he caught me in one of my weak moments. 

I was feeling awkward, overwhelmed, and practically watched. So I hadn't the heart to say no to his annoying request. So did he come with me? Yes, he did. And did he also stick around until evening? Yes, yes he did.

I was using my chopsticks to eat, but right now, I really wanted to use them to stab Mark in his stomach. Every time I would look at him, he would look away from me as if it wasn't obvious enough he was staring at me. And okay, I may wear glasses at some points of my day, but I'm not blind or stupid. 

"I swear if you don't stop-" I threatened, raising one of my chopsticks in menace.

"I'm sorry P'Kit, it's just- I.."

"What? What is it, huh? You have any idea how I feel with your eyes boring holes into my face all this time? I'm not some campus Moon who's used to all these stares, you know?"

"You look like you're really glowing tonight, that's all."

If my eyes could form straight lines, they would. I was so exasperated I was tempted to get up and leave. But I was hungry, so.

"Yeah, no shit. The street lamp is quite bright." I used my thumb to point at the lamp a lane away.

"It's not the street lamp, it's your face. You're glowing."

"What am I now? A glow-in-the-dark squid?"

"No, you're P'Kit."

"No, I'm a fucking glow-in-the-dark squid."