CHP 21 || Peace of Mind

●○●

-Kit-

"Oh! I'm here to pick up an order for my friends and myself." Yuki responded to Mark, "How about you?"

"I'm having dinner with my Phi." Mark's answer seemed to pass by my ears, in and out, "Yuki, you've yet to meet P'Kit."

I stare at Yuki aimlessly as I see her glance over to me, her lips forming a kind smile.

"Sawadee kha, P'Kit."

I am a little confused by the sparkle of recognition that seems to linger in her eyes, but her next sentence halts my thoughts.

"Mark's told me so much about you."

"He has?" I reply in a toneless manner.

"Totally. We spent an hour talking about you last time... or I think- he was doing most of the talking." Yuki suppressed a giggle and her eyes moved over to Mark again, "Isn't that right?"

"An hour? Was it really that long?" Mark's gaping at her and I can tell that he's truly shocked.

I don't know whether to feel uncomfortable or appreciated.

"Mhm." Yuki confirms Mark's inquiry as she looks over to me again, "But P'Kit, it's truly a pleasure to meet you face to face. See- I was expecting to meet you sooner or later, but for it to be today? I've finally met the P'Kit! I have to say, I am impressed by everything that Mark's told me about you. Your dedication and hard work in the Medical facility will go a long way, that's with undeniable certainty."

For the first time that evening, my lips form a little smile, "Thank you. I'm always aiming to do my best."

"And you are, P'Kit! You are such an inspiration to me." Mark cuts in my concentration away from Yuki, and I glance at him with an irritated look.

Not surprised; my smile from earlier had disappeared as fast as it appeared.

Mark furrows his eyebrows at me, as if questioning my stare.

"I would really love to stick around and chat more, but I really don't want to impose upon you two." Yuki suddenly concludes, interrupting the somewhat of a staring contest Mark and I were having, "I also need to get this food to my friends before they kill me."