CHP 32 || Secretly, My Weakness

●○●

-Kit-

I heaved out a weary sigh, pressing my crossed arms even closer against my chest as I tried to shut my eyes. But as expected, I shortly flinched, for the loudness around me was far more than just overwhelming. 

"Damn, can someone get a shut-eye for a moment here?" I muttered, pulling my hooded top further down my face.

"What did you say, Phi?" Mark, who was sitting next to me and who was also associated with the racket, piped up as bubbly as ever, his loud tone making me cringe again.

"Nothing." I turned my face away from him, focusing on the speeding passing scenery. 

"Do you want to sleep? I-"

"Of course I want to sleep, it's four in the fucking morning. Don't you have headphones? Who watches anime at this hour?"

"My headphones are in my suitcase, P'Kit. I asked you if the sound was bothering you and you said no, so I didn't mean..." I heard him turn down the video a few tads, just enough to keep the hum of the bus rather steady in my ears, "I'm sorry na."

I let out a tsk, closing my eyes again and turning to the window.

"Shut your phone off and go to sleep, Mark." I muttered under my breath.

I was so cold and sleepy. We were a few hours into our road trip and we had taken a super early bus to Phuket- which honestly wasn't something that made me jump for joy. But I mean, I guess it does make sense if we want to spend full days there. I had met up with Mark and a few of his classmates earlier at the bus station today; and as I got told, a few other friends will be following us with the noon bus.

Honestly, I wasn't paying attention when Mark was rambling off about his plans. I was way too busy trying to relax my mind so I can catch a few hours of sleep on the bus. Of course, for the first few hours, I was wide awake. But right now, I really wanted to sleep.

"But I'm so excited, P'Kit!" Mark replies with his same bubbly tone and I really want to slap him.

"Whatever."

"Come here. Do you want to lay on my lap?"

"Lay on your lap, my ass. I'd rather die."

"Owh... so grumpy na, P'Kit."

Of course I'm grumpy! I'm tired, cold, and sleep-deprived!

But at least now, Mark had turned down his volume on his stupid phone, and I could steal a few zzz's. Making myself comfortable against my seat, I shut my eyes again, letting a soft hum of content.