CHP 23 || Strangely Beautiful

●○● A/N: So I wasn't to publish a chapter yet since I wanted to release another upcoming book first to sort out my extremely-messy-posting-schedule, but I can't help but post this because I miss my MarkKit babies so much and I wanted to share them again with ya'll <3 Hope you enjoy!

●○●

-Mark-

I was clapping my hands like a kid in excitement, seeing Kit approach me from afar. It was finally the weekend, and we were finally going out to the movies! I have to admit, though... that getting Kit to agree was a struggle. I thought that it had been it when he agreed last time we were having dinner together, but goodness, it was not

Kit did throw a fit for not wanting to go. A manly fit, obviously, since I would probably get killed than giggle at how cute he was when complaining. But really, isn't Kit just too cute? He was glaring at me with those specs of his, listing an entire world atlas on the reasons why he didn't have to go with me, but I was having none of it. I just continued staring and smiling and asking, and he finally gave in. 

And so, I was currently at the entrance of our city's mall, standing by the glass doors, waiting for Kit to arrive. And he had arrived! Right on time, as expected, since he's so punctual.

But why is he looking so angry as he's approaching me?!

"Freaking hate you." A punch had reached at my arm the moment he got close enough to throw his fists, and he huffed right past me, ignoring my little cry of pain.

"Phi!" I jogged alongside him until I was able to sync with his steps, rubbing my arm, "Phi!"

His legs were shorter so it was harder for me to keep up with his short angry strides, but it's okay!

"You know," Kit crossed his arms, standing so suddenly that I almost bumped into a passing lady, "This is such a waste of time, that I don't even have the words to express how annoyed I am right now."

"What waste of time?" I had a puzzled expression, "This is our first proper outing together, aren't you excited?"

"No."

"Okay, let's go!"

I heard Kit huff again but I tittered when sounds of him following me were evident. The mall wasn't that crowded but it wasn't that empty either. We took an escalator to reach the movie theater, and I chose that moment to turn around and stare at Kit, who was one step below me.

"I really like that hat on you." I commented, staring at his outfit up down.

Am I checking him out? Possibly. Does he have to know? No.

Kit said nothing but tsked, crossing his arms and looking over at the passing shoppers below. Beneath the rim of his bucket hat, I could see how he was scowling. His outfit consisted of neutral colors, a white T-shirt and dark beige pants- but his bucket hat was red and matched perfectly with his sling bag, which he was wearing around his chest and shoulder. I had to admit, I still wasn't getting used to seeing Kit in casual outfits. Most of my interactions with him consisted of him wearing his uniform, so this was a change.