31

"You mean Joshua pulls out every single investment from Wonwoo's company?" Miyu said while they were having lunch at the mall. She literally dragged me out of my unit to just go here and buy baby clothes, which made my mood a little better. Jeonghan won't let me go out of the unit just like Joshua. They're afraid that Wonwoo could be somewhere and force his way to talk to me. To be honest, I think we both need to talk. Maybe, but I don't know what to tell him.

"Hello! Am I talking to myself?" Miyu waved her hands in front of me, and I smiled at her.

"Sorry, what were you saying?" I said, and she just frowned at me.

"The investment?" "The new hospital?" She says, and I nod. I remember Joshua telling me that I didn't even know that they were partners in some business ventures.

"Oh! Yes, I also just found out about that when Joshua told me. He was the one funding the new hospital that Wonwoo was building here. He's one of the major investors, and a few others that I don't know. I answered and played with my drink.

"If he already pulled out, what will happen now?" She asked, curiously looking at me.

I don't know. "Wonwoo is rich. He owns a freaking hospital in Paris. I'm pretty sure he can afford a new one without my brother's help." I said, and Miyu nodded her head slowly.

"How about Jeonghan?" Now that she mentioned Jeonghan, he's too busy to visit me, but he always makes sure to call. He said he was busy with something and he would be back to me right after everything was fine.

"He said he was busy," I replied, but Miyu simply smirked.

"Busy? With whom? I don't think he is busy. She said, looking at someone. I followed where she was looking and saw Jeonghan with Cassie in his arms, all smiles.

"Jeonghan..." I felt something in my heart. Just by looking at the two, it appears as if someone is squeezing it too tightly.I feel like crying because I just felt my stomach feel numb and a sudden pain hit me so hard.

Jessica? Jes? OMG! Jes! " I heard Miyu panicking, but I couldn't hear her words clearly.

"Will she be OK?" I heard someone talking and I tried to open my eyes only to find Joshua and Miyu talking to a doctor. I think

"Yes, she just needs a full rest." It looks like she's been stressed a lot lately. " I heard the doctor say and both Miyu and Johsua nodded. I tried to remember what had just happened and then it hit me. We saw Jeonghan and Cassie at the mall, all happy and smiling as nothing happened. I felt my heart aching again and the machine beside me started beeping loudly.

"Jes? Jessica? " Joshua approached me quickly, and the doctor on the other side was checking on me.

"Joshua... I saw them..." I just want to tell my brother everything. He's the only one who can understand me and won't hurt me.

"Shhhh... just relax... I'm just here, and I won't leave you. I won't let anyone hurt you, Jessica. Believe me when I say that I will protect you. " He said, holding my hands. I saw the doctor inject some sedatives into my IV to make me calm.

"Just sleep and rest, Jessica. We will be here for you. " I heard Miyu before I closed my eyes and drifted into a deep slumber. I don't have any idea how long I slept. All I know is that when I opened my eyes, I was on my bed. Not in Seoul, but back in Paris.

"The hell?" I slowly get up and I feel a little dizzy and I hold my head. I heard someone open the door.

"Vous sentez-vous déjà bien?" It was mom, and I looked at her. She was carrying a tray of my favorite foods. I looked around and I was really back in Paris. Mom placed the tray on the nearby table and sat by my bed and checked on me.

"Vous ressentez de la douleur, Darling? "Veuillez me le dire." She asked me and I could sense that she was really worried, so I smiled at her slowly.

"I'm fine, Mom. How did I get here? I mean, the last thing I remember was that I was at the hospital. " I asked and she helped me sit and lean against the headboard of my bed.

"Joshua called your father." He was furious. I never saw your brother that mad. He didn't tell us the entire story; he just said you needed to go home right away, which is why your father sent someone to get you and bring you here.She said sweetly and just sighed and looked around for my phone.

"If you're looking for your phone, here it is." Joshua said you'd be looking for this when you woke up.Mom said, giving me my phone and preparing my food.

"Mommy, je suis désolé." I said, and she just looked at me and shook her head slowly.

"Why say sorry? If you're saying sorry because you will have your own angel, I'm telling you, me and your dad are more than delighted to know that there's going to be another angel in the house. "You know we love you so much, right?" Mom said that made me cry, so I hugged her, and she hugged me back even tighter.

"Please don't cry anymore." Joshua told me that you should not be stressed. I'm here. I'll take care of you and our little Angel. " Mom said, "I can't say anything." I just want to be caged in her arms and cry all day. Remembering what I left in Seoul makes me feel sad and angry at the same time.