18

"I'm sorry... but..." I looked at the nanny, but she seemed confused also.

"Hannie." Don't you remember me? Jeonghan! I'm Jeonghan! " He said, then pulled me into a tight hug. I can't understand a word he is saying, but it feels good to be embraced by him.

"Jeonghan..." I called him. He let go and held my shoulders.

"I miss hearing that, Princess." He said I saw him almost tearing up. I'm so confused right now and I just want to escape the moment because it's too unfamiliar to me.

"I..." I have to go. I'm sorry. I said and was walking past him when he stopped me.

"This is your home, Hannie." He said, and I shook my head.

"I'm not Hannie." I'm Jessica, and I have to go. I said and walked out of the house. I saw Joshua in front of our house and I came to him running and hugging him tight.

"Hey, what's wrong?" He asked, patting my back.

"Hannie, let's talk." I heard Jeonghan. I didn't know he followed me.

"Hannie?" Joshua said, and I looked at him.

"He knows me." I'm scared... really scared. " I said and I can feel my eyes burning. I feel like crying and I'm hurting.

"Who are you?" I again heard Jeonghan. I hid on Joshua's chest.

"Joshua, I'm her brother," Joshua answered, and I heard Jeonghan gasp.

"What are you saying? I am her." He stopped and we were all waiting for his answer. I looked at him and waited.

"Your her? What? " Joshua asked.

"I used to be his brother." He said he was still watching me and Joshua.

"Would you like to talk to him?" Joshua asked me, and I looked at Jeonghan. Am I ready to talk to him, to face my past?

"I don't know. Some other time maybe? " I answered truthfully. Joshua nods and faces Jeonghan.

"You heard her. She doesn't want to talk yet. I'm sorry. Joshua said politely to Jeonghan.

"But?" Jeonghan still insisted.

My sister will talk to you later, but not now.neighbors and were staying here for a month, so you don't have to worry. " Joshua assured Jeonghan, who seemed to relax with what my brother said. He nods and walks away, giving me one last look.Joshua pulls me inside the house and brings me to the kitchen, where he places a glass of cold water in front of me.

"You have to face and talk to them," Joshua said with finality. I played with my glass after finishing the water.

"He seems... restless," I said, referring to Jeonghan.

"If he's your brother," No, I'm your brother. What I mean is, if he used to be your brother, then maybe you two are close. I tilted my head in realization.

"Maybe. If I have to talk to them, can you come with me? I don't want to be alone. He smiled and patted my head.

I told you I would always be with you, Jessica. always. " He sweetly said and then kissed my forehead. We told Mom and Dad about what had happened over the last few days at dinner.They were shocked, knowing that I used to live in the house next door.

"Well, I won't stop you from knowing your past. You know that right?" Mom said this as she held my hand.I smile and nod my head.

"Thanks, mom. I'm nervous, but Joshua said he would be with me, so I don't have to fear anything. " I said, and Dad tapped Joshua's shoulder.

"That's my son." By the way, we have a meeting tomorrow with the board. They would like to meet the future CEO. " "Dad I heard, and I heard Joshua groan.

"Business talk. Let's go over here and leave those two. I bought some nice dresses for you. I sighed as Mom spoke.She always does this. My walk-in closet in Paris is full of designer clothes, which I love, but I prefer to wear simple pants and shorts or skirts. But Mom always told me that I should be more girly. I guess I'm girly? Or not? I don't know.

"Mom, my wardrobe can't handle too many clothes." I joked, and she looked at me.

"Should we buy a new one?" She seriously asked, and I laughed.

I said, "I was just kidding mom," and she breathed out. I love my mom. Since I woke up, she never leaves my side. Dad would even joke that he's already jealous because mom doesn't have time for him since I came home, but mom would just ignore him, leaving Joshua to be dragged.

"By the way, Tomorrow I want you to come with me. I will be meeting my best friend, and we haven't seen each other for almost 20 years since I went to Paris. I want her to know that I have the most beautiful daughter! " She seems so happy to be on vacation here in Seoul.

"Sure mom! It seems like Joshua will be busy the whole day. " I said, glancing at my dad and Joshua.

"Oh! We will drop by the office too! " She said, and I smiled. The next day, as planned, we met my mother's friend in a fancy restaurant.

"And here is my daughter." Mom said, and I smiled at my mom's friend and bowed a little.

"Wait a minute! Hannie? " I was shocked. She knew me also. What in the world is happening?

"What are you talking about?" My daughter's name is Jessica. " Mom said.

"But...." she said, staring at me.

I said to Mom, "I think Auntie knows me," and I held her arms.

"As Hannie?" Mom asks, and I nod.

"Jessica?" I looked back and saw Seungcheol.

"Seungcheol, what are you doing here?" I asked, and he smiled at me. That smile again.

"He is my son." My mom's friend said that widens my eyes.

"What a small world," Seungcheol said, and he went over to his mom to greet her.

"Meet my son, Seungcheol Choi." Seungcheol greets my mom.

"You two know each other." Mom asked me and Seungcheol, and we both nodded.

"We met at the grocery the other day, Auntie," Seungcheol answered, and then smiled at me, and I found myself smiling back.