ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ ғᴏᴜʀ

Start from the beginning

thanks for telling me mate

don't get too mad at lando okay?

i'll try

max...

kidding
maybe 😌

oh my god
i guess i'll hire a bodyguard
for lando before some crazy
dutchman is gonna try to kill him
over a girl who doesn't even know
that he likes her

i'm not going to kill lando
maybe just have a little chat

yeah sorry no
i've heard that before

when?

right before you went to see
ocon in brazil 2018

doesn't ring a bell 😂
is this what you wanted to talk
about or is there something
else?

also wanted to ask if you're up
for a drink before we leave for baku

sure
monday at our usual spot?

you got it!

great, see u monday then mate

seeya
Seen 14:47

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

That Monday, Max had a great night with Daniel. They met up at their favourite bar and had a couple of drinks, talking about everything and nothing. It was what they liked to do together when they had some time off. Sometimes, other friends would join them. Other times, it was just the two of them. Max had found it hard to not tell Daniel about what had been going on between him and Madelyn, but he knew it was the best thing to do. Even though Daniel was his best friend on the grid, he was known to be a spiller.

The next day it was already time to leave for Baku. Max was really looking forward to this weekend. Not only because it was time to go racing again but also because he got to see Madelyn again. Even though he would never publicly admit it, he had missed her. His smile was, therefore, massive when he saw her waiting in the hotel lobby after his arrival. She had already checked him in, ensuring their rooms were very close to each other. Across from each other, to be exact. They shared the elevator to the right floor with some other team members, making it impossible for Max to press her against that wall and kiss her. He had been dying for the feeling of her lips against his. So the first thing he did after dropping his luggage off in his room was walk over to hers and firmly connect their lips.

They spend the evening together in her room, ordering room service and watching some Netflix while having a chat. Their conversation started about work but soon wandered off to talk about their personal lives. Max couldn't stay the night with her since he knew Brad would pick him up at his room for their morning training session the next day. With great reluctance, he wished her goodnight and went back to his room, only to enter into a restless night.

As planned, Brad stood on Max's doorstep the following day for their morning training session. They went for a run over the streets of Baku and did some exercises on the boulevard. After handing out some autographs in front of the hotel, the two lads walked inside the hotel and separated after Brad stepped out of the elevator on the right floor, as his room was one level below Max's.

Max entered the hallway and started smiling when he saw the brunette standing in front of her hotel room door, just closing it behind her back. When she looked to her right, she saw the Red Bull driver coming her way, dressed in sweaty clothes. She wasn't trying to suppress the smile forming around her lips when he approached her.

"Good workout?" She asked him with a chuckle after looking at him up and down.

"Yeah, Brad killed me once again," Max smirked at her. "Where are you going?" He asked when he realised it wasn't time yet to leave for the track.

"I wanted to leave for the paddock in time to arrange some things for this weekend," she said to him. Max nodded understandingly and looked left and right before stepping up to her, planning to kiss her lips shortly. But she stopped him by laying her hands on his shoulders and giving him a little push.

"Don't you dare to bring that sweaty body near me," she warned him, causing Max to start laughing. He decided to ignore her warning and pulled her, to her surprise, close to him.

"What? You mean like this?" He grinned and kissed her lips softly. Her body relaxed in his arms as she started giggling against his lips, before giving in to the kiss and laying her arms around his neck.

"You are unbelievable," she said after separating and shook her head. A door opening down the hallway caused them to jump away from their embracement, standing awkwardly in front of each other as the person passed them. Both looked after the team member before turning their heads towards each other. They laughed for a second before Max stepped toward her again.

"You want to join me in the shower?" He whispered in her ear, causing goosebumps to appear all over her skin. Madelyn actually wanted to go to the paddock, but before she could protest Max's suggestion, she got dragged into his room.

Madelyn was an hour late when she arrived in the paddock with Max walking next to her. He was kind enough to cover up their shower session for the both of them by telling the team they had some important media duties to discuss and that they had lost track of time. It wasn't a complete lie... Only the first part wasn't true.

Max's hand started itching after they had walked through the gates. How bad he wanted to hold Madelyn's hand while they made their way towards the facility. Even though he understood why they had to hide their relationship, he wished deeply they didn't need to.

They had to pass the McLaren motorhome to get to Red Bull's. Max's heart rate rose when he saw the British McLaren driver standing in front of the entrance. Lando looked back at them with great regret visible in his eyes from miles away.

Max tried to ignore the anger he felt towards what used to be one of his best friends. Well, maybe he still was. But Max couldn't believe a guy like Lando, who usually wouldn't hurt a fly (probably because he would be scared of it), would do something like this to hurt a girl's feelings. The urge to kick Lando's ass good had disappeared, but the anger towards him was definitely still there.

When Max looked at Madelyn, he saw that she kept her head straight to the path they were walking on. Clearly, she wasn't ready to face Lando. Max sighed to himself and decided to not put his focus on Lando, no matter how hard that would be. Right now, he had to focus on creating the best balance in the car, so his would be the fastest on Saturday and the one that would win on Sunday. That was the only thing that mattered this weekend.

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

I'm so sorry for the long wait. I actually have so many ideas that I don't know what to write 😅. Also, as you can see, is this a fill-up part, which is my least favourite thing to write. There will be one or two more of these before we're adding some spice again :)

Good news: my summer break has started, so that means I'll have more time to write. Hopefully, you don't have to wait for the next chapter as long as you have been waiting for this one.

One last thing, it's time for Silverstone. I don't have very good memories from last year 😅 but lets hope Max can get his revenge. They're predicting rain, so that should make things interesting 👀