"Merida?"

Merida turned but her face was downcast. "Oh, Pixus... I kenned ye were Edgar for a moment."

"That's what I came to talk with you about. Edgar is infiltrating Lady Hinkley's home."

"What?" she said, angry and shocked.

"It was his decision."

"He's not old enough to make those types of decisions on his own! Why in blazes did ye go along with him?"

"One, he dragged me, and two, to be honest his plan seemed to have the best outcome. No one seems to be trying to do anything so he decided to do it himself."

"And what is this 'brilliant' plan of his?" she said with an irritated expression.

"He made a wish to be able to control his size so that he could get into her home undetected as well as stay hidden to get a better assessment of the situation. During the night, he would make himself be normal, find Higgs, and then somehow convince him that he was there to save him and bring him home. Then he'd get him out and do just that."

"Idjit boy! An Higgs is as broken as ye say he is then no amount of coaxing is going to make him just get up and walk out of the that house!" she growled, whacking him in the arm.

"Ow!"

"Ye numpty! The both of ye! What a foolish plan!"

"I thought it was smart..."

"Ye're barely older than Edgar; of course ye did! Err! Now I have two people trapped in that hell hole."

"Edgar's not as dumb as you make him out to be."

"I ken that, but sometimes he's too much even for himself. An it wasnae Elizabeth Hinkley, then I ken the plan isnae a bad one."

The door to Merida's room opened and Jami stuck his head in. "Merida?"

"What?"

"There is a Mr. Castel out here. He wants to speak to you."

"Me?"

"Yes. Phabyl is keeping him at bay from walking in and Kans said that you're pretty good at shoving him off."

"I'll be there in a moment." She said with a sigh.

Jami nodded as Pixus looked at her.

"Castel?"

"He owns a circus and keeps wanting one of the Northumberlys to be in it, but he's never really met one in order to recruit anyone. Come on but keep yerself hidden. Dinnae want ye to be the first one he meets."

************************

"If I could just-"

"You're about to be forcefully withdrawn from the premises, sir." Phabyl growled, standing her ground against the older man.

"I only want to meet one of them, please!"

"I kenned I sent ye to the hills?" Merida said, walking up behind Phabyl with her arms crossed.

"Ah, hello, Ms. Dunbrough." He said, giving her a bow.

"What are ye doing here?"

"I have a message to give to you if you have the time."

"Doesnae seem like ye're here for a message. Ye look like ye're trying to do something shifty again."

"How could I pass up an opportunity to try and see one of the Northumberly men?" Merida made a face. "In all seriousness, I really do have a message."