"Emmerit Delaney, eh?"

"Yes."

"And why will ye be stuck here? Odd choice of words."

"Well, that's because I am a time and space kitsune. Since I ended up here, I won't be able to go back to my time until the end of the month."

"When ye say 'back' do ye really mean... forward?"

"Yup!"

Merida shook her head in confusion but looked over his form. It was the same colors of a regular fox, the dark orange and white colors, unlike Higgs (whose fur matched his hair color), and his demeanor was quite different.

"May I ask if ye are a descendant of someone here?"

"I am."

"Can I ask who?"

"You could but I'm afraid I can't tell you. You're an astute woman as it is and so the fact that you know about me is going to be hard enough to keep secret."

"It's not for me to tell who ye are or arenae, but judging by how ye are, there arenae many people who could pass down that form."

"True, but you don't know how far into the future I'm from. The curse grows with each generation and doesn't necessarily stay confined in jolly old England. The world is a vast place and each of them has myths of their own that the curse can get a hold of. I may turn into things that thus far you have never seen."

"Aye, that be true... but for someone trying not to stick out, ye seemed quite alright to show me."

"As I said, you are an astute woman; and the fact that you are here at this particular wedding means that you wouldn't have been too scared, right?"

"Ye have me there... I assume that ye dinnae have a place to stay for the time?"

"I do not."

"Ye can stay in the mansion with us and it willnae mess ye up."

"That's mighty kind of you." Emmerit put his hands in his kimono sleeves. "What will you tell them?"

"Merida?" The two of them turned as Catherine came out from the shadows of the trees. "Who is that? Why does he look like that?" she growled angrily at his kitsune form.

"Er..."

"I'm Emmerit Delaney, ma'am. It's a pleasure to meet you." He said with a small bow.

"Um... right... Who are ya and why are ya in that form?"

"I am a time and space kitsune." He answered without missing a beat.

Merida made a face at him. "Ye tell me I have to be all secretive and all but when someone asks ye ye just blurt it out?"

Emmerit laughed nervously. "I'm sorry, I know it sounds a bit convoluted. I mean, how else was I going to explain myself anyway?" Merida made a face. "Besides, I'm actually quite used to not hiding what I am, so I forget that during this time period it's a big no-no."

"Wait, wait, go back: time and space kitsune?" Catherine asked.

"Yes, ma'am. I'm from the future."

"And now yar here?"

"Yes."

"Why?"

"Why not?" he said with a shrug.

"I meant that if ya can travel back in time, then why are ya here? Why don't ya go all the way back and keep the first Northumberly from pissin' off that gypsy?"