"It's almost the end of October, I wonder what next you will be? I can't wait to see what you'll be-come; how fun and adventurous you'll be. Come out, come out, oh won't you please come out North-um-ber-ly. Come out, come out, I know that I wounded your knee."

Higgs made a face at her sick little song as well as the fact that yes, she had wounded him; but she hadn't caught him. He was hiding in the rafters at the moment, waiting for her to pass by underneath. He thought that getting out of her home was going to be just as easy as walking out the door but she proved him very, very wrong. He couldn't understand how a house had suddenly become a maze in a matter of hours. He thought he could outwit her but she was crazy and sometimes crazy is smart. Higgs' knee suddenly buckled from the pain and he held in a yell, trying to work through it and straighten it out. He suddenly realized it was very quiet and he gulped, looking down below him. Elizabeth was just watching him from the ground with a smug expression.

"Hello, poppet."

Before he could gather the strength to move, he felt something hit him in the stomach. His whole body seized and he fell to the ground like a brick. He knew he broke some ribs as he landed since he couldn't move his arms to try and brace himself. Elizabeth knelt next to him, the gun laying across her knees.

"That was fun, Mr. Higgs, although I expected better tactics from you since you're an intelligent being but you just did what every animal does when they are hunted. I honestly expected better from you. To keep it fun for me, I purposefully overlooked your hiding spots and teased you with bad shots, but overall, it seems you're not the fight back type. Oh well, I win anyway."

She giggled and Higgs felt his hopes shatter. It was getting close to the end of the month and no one seemed to be looking for him.

"Oh, and I'm sure you're wondering why no one's come to look for you, right? Well, you'll be happy to know that they tried but since I was able to tell them such a convincing story of innocence, no one's dared to bother me again. And that was, gosh, the day that I captured you. I honestly expected to be bombarded by different people after that but it looks like no one seems to care. Even that Scotswoman has only come by once." She sighed. "I'm telling you, she is a real liar, that one." Higgs managed to pull a growl from deep within, amusing Elizabeth. "Hohoho! Does that make you angry? Aw, how adorable..." He growled again and she smiled. "Riddle me this, dearie: if I recall, hasn't she told you what she is supposed to do to someone who hurts you? With her longwinded monologues, I'm sure she has. Then where is she? Where is your brave and diligent Scotswoman in your hour of need? Why hasn't she tried harder to fulfill her promises, hmm?" Elizabeth stood up and looked down at Higgs with a sympathetic look. "It's alright, my love, that just means that you'll be with me forever. Gretchen!"

Higgs flinched, not even realizing that Gretchen was actually still there.

"Yes, milady?" he heard her say above him.

"Help me drag him back to the cellar and fix that soup again."

"Yes, ma'am."

Gretchen? I thought she left? I know we weren't on the best of terms but even she tried to warn me about Elizabeth. If she knew she was like this, why in the hell would she allow herself to stay here after everything that's happened to me? Why would she be helping this maniac? Higgs moved his eyes to look at her and upon seeing her, he knew she wasn't mentally available. Her eyes were droopy and she looked lifeless, like a puppet. Her movements weren't fluid either; she moved like a stiff corpse. Plus, the werewolf in him could smell something different coming off of her, something most likely drugging her into submission.

They dragged him to the cellar and he felt like he was being put on the floor. He felt shackles being wrapped around his wrists but it burned.

"Thank you, Gretchen. Now, go make the soup." Gretchen left and Elizabeth turned to him. "You're going to love the soup. It's my own special blend, just for you."