"What's this?"

"Something to calm ye down so that ye dinnae jump on everra woman ye come in contact with."

"Oh, how thoughtful." He said, taking the small vial from Merida and downing it. "That tastes like piss."

"Not all remedies are sweet."

"This is true... um... about this month... I wanted you opinion on something."

"Do ye?"

"It's in regarding to keeping me in check. This tonic will keep me from pulling every woman aside for a romp but that doesn't mean it will curb everything. The feeling is still there and with it being my first time dealing with it... I would like to inform Elizabeth about the issue."

"Why?"

"Well, I am courting her and I think she should be abreast of my position."

"Ye plan on marrying her an ye do something?"

"Maybe."

Merida made a face, trying not to be an Edgar about the situation, but the more he started to get closer to Elizabeth, the more discomfort Merida felt in the pit of her stomach. She had had feeling about people before but this was so overwhelming it caused her anxiety whenever she saw Higgs with the woman. It wasn't jealousy like it was before, this was something very new and it frightened her. But her employer hadn't been cooperative as of late to any of her suggestions... One thing she learned while waiting in vain those four years was that it had to be done his way or he wouldn't get it.

"You're quiet."

"Thinking."

"About what?"

"Everrathing and nothing."

"I can tell that this is about my decision. Why do you hate Elizabeth so much?" he said, crossing his arms. "I promised that I would listen to your advice if you ever had a bad feeling but this is getting ridiculous. There has been nothing incriminating about her and yet you still hate her. Why can't you let it go?"

"Let what go? And ye havenae listened to anything I've said."

"Yes I have and I'm talking about me picking Elizabeth. You're the one who told me to just go ahead."

"Because ye cannae make decisions in a timely manner." She growled.

"You're jealous that I chose her over you."

"I'm confused why ye chose her over me. I waited for four years for ye, played things out the way ye wanted them to go and in one defining moment ye let that go to waste for someone easier? I have done above and beyond for ye and I promised that an I sensed something wasnae right that I would tell ye."

"You also said that if I didn't want to listen that you would let it go!"

"What in the bloody hell does that besom hackit have that I cannae give ye?!"

"It's got nothing to do with that."

"Then what? Do ye enjoy tormenting me? It's like ye bring these things up just to make me tell ye off and get into a carfuffle about everrathing. Were those four years just a game to ye?"

"No."

"Then why is it so hard for ye to just let me deal with this in my own way? Yes, I promised that I wouldnae get into yer business, but ye keep making me. Everra opportunity that arises for ye to change yer decision, ye just keep going further and further away. I washed my hands of it and yet here we are, still talking about it. I'm entitled to be a bit bitter over the situation, ye ken? I'm doing the best I can, but there was nothing in any bargain we made that said I had to like it."