Higgs opened his eyes and was surprised to find Merida in his arms and her lips on his. He pulled back and looked down at her in confusion.

"What..."

"It worked?"

"Huh?" He looked at himself and touched his face. "What the... You kissed me."

"Aye."

"Passionately."

"Aye."

"I... I'm normal?" He said, patting his body again in confusion. "What in the hell..."

"Wake up, ye divvy. It's quite obvious what happened."

"I know that but I'm thoroughly confused. How could this be possible? It can't be possible..." He gasped. "Elizabeth!"

"Really?" Merida said with a frown.

"She's upstairs!" he hissed.

"Are ye really that thickheaded?"

"I just... I... I don't... How..."

"Hakuna matata." She said with a shrug.

"What?"

"Something Edgar picked up from our guest last month. It means 'no worries'."

"Edgar!" he yelled, running back to the couch where he had deposited him.

Merida made a face. Dear lord, did I give him brain damage? She walked into the living room as Higgs held Edgar's hand for a moment. Hearing her, he looked at her and stood up.

"I'm quite certain he just passed out from the ride back."

"What exactly did ye do? I got lost in the translation."

"The Dullahan has mentioned before that it could put people on the list if it wanted to... so I thought what if I put Edgar Dunbrough on the list?"

"Alright..."

"But since Edgar's time wasn't near, I didn't really want to kill him, so I used a loophole: what if I 'killed' Edgar Dunbrough but saved Edgar Northumberly? Two Edgars, but not the same... kind of... It was extremely hard to keep that thing tamed and-"

"Shut up, ye're havering." She growled, grabbing his shirt and pulling him to her.

She planted another kiss on him but this time he was prepared and pulled away from her, looking at her in confusion.

"What is happening?"

"Cannae ye obviously see it? Ye and me are supposed to be this way."

"That's not possible."

"Why?! Why do ye always run away from me-"

"Because it's too good to be true!" he screamed, starting to hyperventilate. "You... you're too good to be real... I just... I'm very, very confused. First Elizabeth broke a curse and now you? This has never happened before."

"An ye would make up yer mind-"

"No. That's not how this works. You cannot love more than one person at a time. Even if you like two people, you still love someone more and the curse is only broken if that romantic love is from both parties. The fact that both of you lifted a curse..."

"Both of us lifted a curse?" a voice said from the door. Higgs and Merida looked over, finding Elizabeth. "Is that what I heard?"

"I... well..."