Congratulations are in order. Jami wrote, holding up a piece of paper and giving a thumbs up.

It was the month of the Dullahan for him.

"Indeed." Margaret said with a smile.

I see Radek let you have Aislinn's ring? he said, pointing at Catherine's finger at the simple solitaire.

Kans rubbed her hand and looked away. "Well, she was my mother but as first born, Radek should have it. I've always said he could have it and I'm still going to let him. I asked to borrow it because I didn't have any way of getting one for Cat. I hated asking him for it since Aislinn was more of his mother than mine and I vowed that I would let him have it for whenever he got married. This is just a temporary thing."

"Not to seem cold, but don't you think it would be more advantageous to keep the ring until Radek got married? What if he never does? At least your mother's heirloom will continue to be just that, an heirloom." Margaret said.

"If Rad wants to give it to me of his own will, I will do so, but I promised this ring to him. He deserves to have a piece of my mother with him. I'm her child and I'm so grateful for the sacrifice she made for me but I'm also the one who took her life... I made her hate herself so much that she couldn't love me... Her guilt overshadowed her love for me but Radek got to experience what it would be like to have a normal mother for those few years. This is all I can give to him."

Catherine put her hand on her fiance's. "I don't mind givin' it back one bit. Kan's mother meant more to Rad than to me future husband. Wouldn't be right to either of us not to give it back to him."

Engagement party? Jamison held up.

"It can't be at night. I'm a werewolf this month." Kans said.

"Well it can't be this month at all, as you can see..." Margaret said, motioning to her husband's missing head. "It might be best to just plan accordingly. I'm afraid Fuchsia will have to merge with your engagement party so she will have everyone there as well."

"Well, the good thing is that Radek is human for another two months, so that takes care of him. I guess the issue will be timing me, Higgs, and Jami's transformations so that we all have less things to worry about."

"If it gets too troublesome, we mayhap to do three parties." Catherine said with a small smile.

Margaret chuckled, knowing her friend was a sucker for parties, so she didn't really care if they had one or seven.

"Either way, we will have a party to mark this long-waited engagement. I will start preparing a list of people I'd like to invite. If you have anyone in mind, make sure to tell me." She said, getting up. "I'm so happy for you both."

As am I/

Everyone else got up and Jamison held out his arms to hug his brother. They hugged and then switched people, Kans hugging Margaret.

"I'm so happy for you, Kans."

"I was too late though... I wish I could talk to Jami about it but..."

"You may have been too late for the curse but you aren't for your heart." She pulled away and looked at her brother-in-law. "It is a load of bullocks about this stupid curse passed down from someone else who made a dumb mistake, but the good thing is that even though the curse will pass on, you have someone who truly loves you, curse or not. It may have taken a while to realize her truth, but she loves you no matter what and she will love your children no matter what. That's what counts."

Kans smiled at her but could sense the sadness in her. He didn't know why, but he had a feeling she knew more of what she was talking about than she would ever let on.