The weeks went by and Fuchsia and Catherine were both afraid they would have to have three separate parties in order to have everyone there. April came and the curse gave them the choice of a centaur, a minotaur, and the werewolf. Two out of three were not going to work at all and then they had to chase Kans down because he kept attacking sheep along the countryside as a minotaur. Usually Higgs would have to wrangle him as a centaur. After the exhausting month of April, Fuchsia was about to just give up when May came around.

****************************

"Ugh, where am I?" Kans said, sitting up.

"In the barn." Catherine said, looking at him from the corner of the stall. "Ya were a minotaur this month. Didn't realize ya were such a wonderer."

"Oh, Cat, I'm so sorry." Kans said, putting his hand to his head. "My head is fuzzy... Whose stables are these?"

"Higgs' I believe."

"Have you been out here this whole time?"

"Yes."

"You'll catch a cold."

"Ya were so lonely. I just stayed here while ya slept." She scooted closer to him. "Ya alright now?"

"I'm as good as I can be. Did I hurt you? Did I try to do anything to you?"

"No, ya did nothin' of the sort. Ya're fine, Kans." She said, touching his face.

He recoiled on instinct and then came back. "Don't do that, Cathy. What if it had been the Midas' touch?"

"Would have been worth it... Well, we've got one down. I hope the others are of better forms as well. Fuchsia and I ware gettin' a little impatient."

Kans laughed a little and touched his fiancee's chin. "I love you."

"And I ya."

She kissed him and then she helped him get out of the barn.

******************************

Merida turned over in the bed and gasped, surprised to find her employer also in her bed. She lifted the covers to see if he was a naga and also to see if she had done anything. To her relief, she didn't feel like anything had been done and Higgs was fully clothed, although the large fox tails laying all over the place told her exactly what he was. She looked back at him and saw the fox ears sticking from the top of his head. She couldn't resist, as per usual, and reached out to touch them. They wiggled and suddenly he started making a purring noise. She smiled as she continued to rub his ear and he flicked out of her fingers, making Higgs open his eyes.

"I've told you a million times not to do that." He said softly.

"And I told ye that I wouldnae stop playing with them because they're so fuzzy." He smiled at her and she stopped touching them. "Why are ye in my bed? Ye seem to end up here more often than usual."

"I apologize. Sometimes I swear my body is betraying me... but it is a nice feeling."

"Being betrayed?"

"No, to wake up with someone to look at each morning. Seeing you when I open my eyes makes me feel better and I can go about my day. I don't know what that means but, I personally like it."

"I dinnae mind it either but ye give me a fright because I dinnae an we did something."

"Not to sound crude, but I do believe that I would remember and you'd know."

"Not if we're drunk."

"Even then, physically you'd feel it and I would also feel it."

"Hmm... endowed are ye? Do I need to let everyone ken it?"