❄️|| Chapter 62: The Joyous Assembly ||❄️

Chapter 62: The Joyous Assembly

Night came as soon as the sun had descended on the horizon. Moonlight beamed through the glass window panes of the tall windows in Yoongi's room.

Delicate fingers elegantly braided strands of silver-white, glistening under the dimmed light of the room. His movements were precise as he straightened out the creases of his uniform. Lastly, he fastened the golden insignia on the clasp of his white cape.

It was the night of the assembly and Yoongi was getting dressed hoping to look decent and proper. He was going to meet a lot of people tonight so he should try to look his best.

"Ao!"

Yoongi looked down. His lashes created shadows. Mochi was sitting on the floor beside his feet, quietly watching Yoongi as he dressed. Yoongi smiled gently and lowered his body to pick up the little pouting fox. Mochi giddily climb on his shoulder as he was picked up by his master. He began to nuzzle his snout on Yoongi's cheek.

"You have to behave yourself if you want to come with me. You have played enough for the day." Caressing Mochi's head, Yoongi reminded the little fox.

"Ao!" Mochi replied loudly as he sat obediently on Yoongi's shoulder.

Yoongi smiled in satisfaction. He noticed that Mochi had grown a lot bigger than when they were back in the Northern Mountains. Regardless, Mochi was still climbing on his shoulders as if he weighed nothing. He had grown heavy too.

Suddenly, two knocks were heard from the door making Yoongi stop. He checked his appearance one last time before walking towards the door. As the door was opened, he was met with Kai's glowing face. His smile was like a sunbeam, brightening Yoongi's mood even more.

"Let's go!" Kai said as he stepped away from the door to make way for Yoongi. His eyes curiously staring at Mochi who was happily riding on Yoongi's shoulder.

"Oh, don't worry. He won't cause any more trouble"

Yoongi appeased as he noticed the direction of Kai's gaze.

Kai only nodded with a smile saying he understood. Without delay, they journeyed towards the Guild leisure hall where most of the guild's random festivities were constantly held. It didn't take no longer than ten minutes for them to arrive in the halls.

The doors opened and the jolly music of a fiddle, the loud wild laughter, the scent of savory food and liquor, and the joyous atmosphere all welcomed Yoongi as soon as the doors were opened. People were laughing and chattering with no care of the world. Although they all wore their black uniforms as neatly as Yoongi's, their actions and speech were carefree and playful. Yoongi almost mistook the place for a local bar.

Mochi huffed as he sniffed around. The scene of food was intoxicating!

"Kai!" A familiar voice called out from within a crowded table. With a hand raised and waving, Bambam was there sitting with some people. Yoongi familiarized their faces. Tessley, Yugyeom, and the tall stern person that Yoongi had recalled was the one who had scolded the twins this morning. Tessley briefly looked at Yoongi before sipping her drink.

Kai led Yoongi towards an empty seat at the table.

"Wonderful timing! We have the new two other recruits here. Let them introduce themselves!" Bambam gestured at the two people sitting nearby. His gaze hesitantly glanced at Yoongi briefly before he looked away.

Bambam and Yugyeom's gaze zeroed on the little fox on Yoongi's shoulder. Looking all adorable and innocent as if it wasn't a beast within.

"That can wait... " A grim voice sounded belonging to the man that had punished them for their immoral attitude this morning.