❄️|| Chapter 44: Arrival In Thaeria City ||❄️

Chapter 44: Arrival In Thaeria City

After five days of travel, they have finally entered the outskirts of the City of Thaeria.

Thaeria City was the Heart of Aurona's Militia. Every sentinel knight was nurtured and conditioned into mighty perfection. From a bird's point of view, one could see the ring-like city surrounding a mountainous landscape that bordered the central area from the city beyond the mountains.

What was positioned within the circle of mountains was the prominent Imperial Azuran Academy. It looked majestic and sovereign, monopolizing the eyes of travelers from afar. Indeed, from afar, it looked like a miniature city hidden within the mountain's shadows.

As magnificent the City of Thaeria was, their payment for entry was also quite 'grand'. One person had to pay two gold coins, if they were carrying any luggage they had to add ten silvers. It was nothing short to robbery! However, for those who are a member of the guilds in Azuran they were granted free access once they showed their guild tokens to the gatekeepers.

With Hoseok's authority and position as a member of the Elder council, they encountered no trouble as they swiftly entered.

But Yoongi's enthusiasm fell short once they stopped halfway from Thaerian's busy streets.

"Are you sure you don't want to come with us?" Yoongi asked, brows furrowing as he looked at the young woman in front of her. His silver-white hair hidden under the thick black shawl Hoseok had wrapped around him, unseen from the eyes of the public.

Yoongi looked down at Angelo as he stood on the carriage step.

"No, I have some business to attend to. Perhaps, I may accompany you at another time." Angelo smiled at the silver-eyed youth. From her position, she had to lift her head slightly to meet Yoongi's gaze. She had learned that not all nobles possessed foul hearts. This young master and his older brother were proof of that.

"Alright..." Yoongi says as he nodded. "You haven't told me what guild you were aiming to join..." He added.

"Ah... I believe fate will decide for me. But I really wish to be your comrade" Her eyes gleamed at the thought. "... Perhaps, we would meet again as comrades. The future is unknowable."

"I would like that" Yoongi chuckled, his eyes forming crescents.

Hoseok suddenly called out Yoongi's name from inside the carriage, signaling him to hurry.

"Goodbye, Yoongi." Angelo waved at him as she walked away, disappearing into the crowded streets.

Yoongi stood there for a moment before finally going back inside the carriage. The door shut and the carriage began to move into the busy streets.

"Brother..." Yoongi called out to his brother who was busy meticulously checking that every document was in order for Yoongi's registration.

"Yes?" Hoseok stood up from his seat and clasped the documents inside a leather envelope. He faced Yoongi who walked towards him in quiet steps.

"I will not need your aid in the recruitment trials." Yoongi resolutely declared to the man.

Hoseok quietly stared at him. His expression, sullen and helpless. Of course, he already knew of Yoongi's determination to win the trials himself but he wanted to give him a few points and reminders that could help him. He didn't want to witness Yoongi's cheerless and dejected expression if perhaps the results of his trials might be unsatisfactory. It wasn't that he didn't believe in Yoongi's strength. For him, Yoongi's outstanding strength was as clear as a bell. He simply wanted to make Yoongi's test smoother. No one can blame him for being too partial to his brother.