❄️|| Chapter 42: Definitely Not A Savior Type ||❄️

Chapter 42: Definitely Not A Savior Type

Yoongi kept a cool expression. His heart loudly berating Mochi, that brat, for running off and stupidly pushing him away from his hiding place. However, what had infuriated him, even more, was the disgusting look on the man's face standing before him.

The leader of the bandits, Yoongi had presumed. Even the air around the man was irksome.

As those foul words escaped from his thick mouth entered Yoongi's ears, it stabbed endlessly into his patience like needles. However, the third young master kept a blank face as if nothing could faze him.

The maeruthan man found his silence scornful. His eyes blazed with anger and fire engulfed his fists. "How kind for the heavens to bring me a more delectable morsel. Perhaps, this young lad better thinks twice before I mangle your sweet body better than wolves." He smiled, licking his teeth.

"Although, who wouldn't want to mount such a sweet thing like you."

The other bandits who had pulled themselves off the ground chuckled with the man as if they pictured the scene in their minds.

Internally, the bandit leader was wavering in his heart the moment he saw the wave of frost distinguish his firewall in less than a minute. The boy with silver-white hair was a maeruthan, an Aphrodite one. What a catch he would be! Seeing the vulnerable-looking lad with such a pretty face he couldn't bring himself to run away empty-handed. Perhaps, only luck had aided the boy to coincidentally put off his flames. Yes, that should be the case.

The men's thoughts had run wild, completely ignoring Yoongi's oh so impassive countenance.

The youth closed his silver eyes at the same second when one of the bandits made a move to grab him. But the man's hands never reached him.

His face broke from confusion until it contorted into pain. It seems not only was he in an unusual situation but so was the rest of them.

Their eyes looked down at their legs and their breath ceased. From the earth beneath their feet was devoured by perilously thick ice. The cold bit into the skin of the soles of their feet up to their ankles, not even thick leather could deter it. The more they moved and struggle the more their flesh melded with their clothes with the deathly cold.

The ground had completely frozen under a thick sheet of eyes, spreading surreptitiously outwards from Yoongi's feet. How could they have not noticed it?! Their heartbeat drummed, caught by the ears of the reaper.

A sharp cry started the hysterical struggle to be released. Except for the bandit leader, the rest was as good as dead as they began to scrape out the ice in a maddening way.

Watching his men resorting to slicing off the ice on their skin which was an intensely bloody sight, his gaze grew unfocused. How was this happening? How could this-

His thoughts paused.

He whipped his head towards Yoongi who he knew was the man behind his men's agonizing torment. Fear and dread in a sweet blend, he used his ability to melt the ice on his feet without taking his eyes off Yoongi.

The moment he had freed himself, he sprinted away as fast as he could, mercilessly leaving behind his subordinates. The rest of the bandits, who were currently as powerless as a babe, widened their eyes in disbelief, rage growing within their chests.

The youth slowly opened his eyes and witnessed the ghastly scene which could not move his heart. Unmoving, his silvery gaze watched the fleeing man's back. Yoongi didn't need to act, the man could not go far. Instead, he watched the struggling group of men. Terrified by the scent of death and blood from their hopeless efforts.