❄️|| Chapter 10 || Found at Last ❄️

|| Chapter 10 || Found at Last

Light gentle clouds blanketed over the vast wintry landscape. The snowflakes fell like light tiny feathers brought down by the heavens, peaceful and without hurry. It was calm and quiet unlike the burning anger from within Yoongi's chest. His eyes snapped at Mochi annoyingly, threatening the little creature. He really hated being interrupted.

A tiny whimper sounded from a furry ball of white, hiding in the deep snow and his small eyes peeking out, aggrieved. He felt wronged and regrettable. Yoongi was about to reprimand Mochi when his eyes met the white fox's teary and adorably eyes, seeking his master's comfort like a wronged baby. This familiar tactic almost made Mochi throw up blood. This little brat doesn't know anything but making trouble and flashing his cute face. But Yoongi couldn't have the heart to scold those pitiful eyes. Finally, swallowing his irritation, he surrendered to those eyes and gave Mochi a gentle pat. "You scared me. Next time warn me before you go all crazy again, alright?"

Mochi yipped happily and moved to snuggle on Yoongi's silk-covered lap. Helplessly sighing, the silver-headed youth realized his empty hands. The bow must have disappeared after he fell on the snow. But the arrow...

He wondered where it landed. Where ever it was he wished it didn't hit anything alive.

Looking down at the beautiful white fur of the fox curling lazily on his thighs, he couldn't help but wonder if the two people had safely crossed the river. But he knew they would be alright, they were two grown men after all. A small smile was plastered on his face as he caressed Mochi's fur. Calling his weapon was a success, he will try to practice harder without exhausting his mana. Then it would be easier to call it again. Remembering his trembling hands when he called upon his weapon, he was motivated to exercise the control of his energy when summoning his weapon again. He was tempted to take a short nap, however, the sky was bright and it was time to cook himself some food. He decided that everything would come after he ate his fill.

Noon came immediately during Yoongi's daily routine of cultivation.

Unknown to Yoongi, deep within the woods, miles away from the lake and the Moulin's icy cave, heavy black boots pressed into the snow hurriedly. A man wearing a long black winter cloak ran in difficulty through the deep snow, panting out chilly puffs of air as he made his way towards a thick tent covered in heavy snow. A small base settled in an open area surrounded by thick trees and deep snow.

The man barged inside the tent guarded by two bulky men in uniforms bearing the Fraunces family crest. "Y-young master!" He hurriedly saluted the man before him.

Deep grey eyes looked at the knight under his eyelids and snapped irritably "What ". A few papers laid on a wide wooden table with a single black ink bottle. Jaebum kneaded his forehead while he stood up from the chair and returned his stare at the knight before him. Exhaustion layered his handsome face with visible dark circles under his eyes. "Speak...".

Swallowing down his fright he spoke, "The search team has discovered a sudden anomaly while scouting the southern part of the woods". He moved forward to hand over a folded note to the young Lord sent by the leading knight of the search team. Gloved hands received the letter and Jaebum unfolded it to read it's contents. His eyebrows drew together expressing his confusion and irritation. However, somewhere deep in his mind, there was a faint suspicion like a drop of black ink in clear water spreading out in his head, overwhelmingly him with curiosity.

Narrowing his eyes, he clenched the note in his hands and adjusted his black-furred cloak with a Sapphire clasp. "Lead the way" he ordered, roughly.

"Y-yes, Young Master" The knight nodded and hastily rushed out to prepare the teleportation pearl.

Shortly afterwards, Jaebum stood in front of a long vertical pole made out of alabaster. Its body was carved with symbols from the elven language (a/n:language of the elves) and at the top was a transparent sphere powered by a single blue mana crystal. This type of device was mainly used for transporting a large group of people. However, it requires two teleportation pearls for transportation to happen, one for the current position and one for the designated destination. Jaebum and three knights entered the circle appearing on the snow with the light energy of the sphere. Their bodies faded with a flash and they were gone the next second.