❄️|| Chapter 40: The Young Master's Travel To Thaeria

Chapter 40: The Young Master's Travel To Thaeria

A month and a half had already passed since the incident at Faerim City and the day had finally come for Yoongi's departure.

Just as the first light of dawn had dyed the skies, A lone figure could be seen running across the training yards in laps. With strong yet careful breaths, chest rising and lowering in the right rhythm as the youth with striking silver eyes paid great attention to his breaths as he ran.

Yoongi was sweating hard. Garbed with only a white thin inner shirt since he had taken off his training uniform, the cloth clung to his drenched torso outlining his svelte figure. The dust had even entered his boots yet he paid no mind to it. The youth was too focused to finish his routine as though even the strongest calamity wouldn't move him.

He wasn't alone.

Watching not far away from where the yard Yoongi had occupied was located, a few knights, recently awoken and some retiring from their shift, took notice of the third young master carrying out his daily routine. Although they were already used to seeing the small figure of the young man, they were still watching carefully as if to imprint the youth in their minds.

Sigh...

Of course, they have to. After today, they could no longer see his hardworking presence. The third young master will be traveling to join the guilds of Azuran along with the second young master. Truly, they were dismayed. They will miss Yoongi's cool temperament and diligence. Their eyes had opened when the young master had changed tremendously from unfavorable to favorable, even more, when his ability had been revealed. How joyous they were.

"Ao!"

As the sound reached his ears, Yoongi's quick steps gradually came to a stop. His tied-up hair swayed with his movements as he stretched lightly before walking towards the approaching ball of fur ahead of him. Mochi yipped excitedly as he circled his master once he reached him. Trailing behind, at a slow pace was Jimin. Whose eyes were red from the hours of crying Yoongi could guess.

With a sigh, Yoongi accepted the towel offered to him by Jimin then carefully wiped the sweat off his face and on the back of his neck. He said a few words of comfort to Jimin and patted his shoulder, the intimate action only made him burst out in tears instead. Yoongi was suddenly flustered.

"Young master!"

"!!!"

Yoongi jumped in surprise as he turned around. The sight of the few rows of knights startled him as well. He was very familiar with the faces of each since he had spoken to them every time he had finished his exercise.

"May the gods bless you safely in your journey!" They bowed at waist level showing their deep sincerity and concern.

Admittedly, Yoongi was touched. He had to yank himself out from a daze and thanked them with a smile.

He too will miss them and the home he was reluctant to part with. But he could not do anything if he would just hole himself up in the estate. His decision was made and he will not turn back.

Hours passed like the passing wind of the north and the sun had risen in the sky, brightly enveloping the estate warmly. It wasn't too hot for the breeze had brought a fresh cool nor was it too bitter old either. Within the manor, the halls were quiet and only a few servants were left to work. However, beyond the walls was much livelier and slightly wistful.

The sound of hooves sounded loud and the men were laboriously transferring large trunks into a smaller vinch carriage, their limbs bulged with the weight as they lifted but they didn't utter a single complaint, instead they were even a bit glad to be of service. Before the carriage was another carriage but quieter and calmer.