❄️ | Chapter 9 || A Weapon After The Farewell ❄️

|| Chapter 9 || A Weapon After The Farewell

The snowfall had ceased. Rising shades of pink and purple overwhelmed the ink-blue sky. The white wintry landscape has turned into a hazy tint of pink and silenced settled through each part of the mountain.

A small head of wavy silver hair shifted gently by its body's movements crouching on the deep snowy ground. Pale hands pressed on tightened snow. A little chuckle was heard outside the cave.

"Mochi, you little brat" Yoongi muttered, tiny flakes of snow was stuck on both his eyelashes after a certain little fox's playful stunt of kicking a pile of snow at his face. "Don't do that again".

Mochi ran circles around his master making a sound of understanding. It tripped on the hem of Yoongi's robes and rolled on the snow twice.

The little master ignored the fox contemplating if this little creature was really a fox or a dog. He finished his work of art and cleaned his hands of the snow in satisfaction. "Done..."

Mochi stopped by his master's side and slanted his head at what was in front of him.

"....?"

"This is what you call a snowman" Yoongi presented, his eyes gleaming. "We've got no carrots for the nose so I used a pebble instead"

The snowman in front of the pair of man and fox was three balls of snow stacked on top of each other with small stones for the eyes, nose, and mouth. It had thin branches for arms and it doesn't look anything like a man at all. It was only 10 inches tall. From the fox's perspective, it looked like a small troll ready to pick a fight with him. Eyes narrowing with hostility, the white fox growled at the snowman.

"....." Yoongi lifted a hand and patted Mochi's head "What's wrong with you?"

Unknowingly, A dark shadow loomed over the frame of Yoongi. The silver-headed boy under his gaze looked very defenseless and frail. An excellent prey for the wicked and the selfish. The blood in his veins rushed inside him as his lips turned up into a harmless smile. "It seems that your little friend is threatened with this 'snowman' of yours".

Yoongi had already sensed the man when he strode behind him. He carefully picked up his friend fox and stood up to confront the man behind him. "You haven't left yet?..."

Taehyung felt that Yoongi really wanted to get rid of him soon. Regardless, he ignored the tone of the youth and spoke "I wanted to ask you something..."

Yoongi stared blankly at him. "...What is it that you wanted to ask?". There was no more of the formality between him and the man. He was leaving anyway, he didn't care anymore. Taehyung's guard was recovering gradually and he needed a doctor's assistance for his complete recovery.

The godly man in front of Yoongi looked into his eyes. A few golden strands were messily sticking out from his head, this single irregularity completely shattered his supposedly determined appearance. After last night's conversation, Yoongi was full of thoughts. He admits he was a bit childish like a child afraid of his plaything being stolen. Perhaps it was because his cautiousness hadn't subsided after the fight with the assassins. Nonetheless, he felt a faint guilt. Sleep had really enabled him to clear his mind.

"Come with me..." The man voiced out these words. He would not force Yoji to follow them if he would refuse. But he would give him the chance to change his mind from staying here.

Yoongi calmly stared at the man. Internally, his thoughts were cluttered and confusing. This was a great chance to leave this place and truly discover the world beyond the vast snowy mountains of the north. However, he was hesitant and afraid. He was scared of the beautifully dangerous things and wonders this world had to give to him. He was anxious about the unfamiliarity and strangeness yet very curious.