❄️|| Chapter 37 Gone Was The Nights Of Comfort ||❄️

Chapter 37: Gone Was The Nights Of Comfort

In the farthest part of Aurona, lies the City of Thaeria.

The clouds were listless and dim. Especially circling above a particular estate which was named the center of the Guild of Gold. In a quiet room, located within a vast tower of glass, a regal man stood like a magnanimous sovereign gazing upon the dimming clouds with unreadable eyes.

Huff! Huff!

A loud panting man forced his legs to climb up the endless stairs, in his hand was a sealed scroll tightly held in his grip. At last, when he finally arrived in front of the doors to his Lord's tranquility room, he didn't dare to forget to wipe off the sweat on his face. His Lord particularly disliked an ounce of unhygienic factors present in his people. If they wished to serve him they ought to become as fit as they can be. This thought has mostly brightened the spirits of his followers for they thought their apathetic Lord has a deep concern regarding their well-being.

The Tower of glass wasn't entirely made of glass in a literal term. Only, the topmost room of the massive tower was built from crystal glass especially carrying a small amount of mana. It shined a wondrous gleam as if diamonds were embedded into its walls. Either under the evening sky, the rays of daylight, or even the current dimming clouds, it twinkled when seen from afar. A handful of people have already mistaken it for an everlasting star.

A knock sounded on the thick blurry crystal door. With an almost deafening reply from the Lord inside, the man had steadied his breathing and fixed his clothes as to not disappoint his Lord, he entered.

The room was as vacant as his master's solitary figure. There was nothing except for a desk and a chair made of silver and redwood.

"Your Lordship"

He blew away a few strands of hair from his forehead before his master could turn around. Kai glanced at the dimming clouds which every soul in the guild had known that had literally signified his Lord's mood.

"Late again?..."

Kai swallowed, "Forgive me..."

No excuses, No excuses, No excuses. Kai certainly knew it wouldn't be good if he were to talk back.

The view of the man's sturdy back easily scared the wits out of Kai. Facing the man's back derived Kai from trying to guess the man's expression. Although, he already knew it would be useless to even try. The Lord's face was difficult to read.

Dressed in clothes that could easily deem him a Lord at a glance, his dazzling golden hair neat and groomed, and his striking eyes of gold made Kai or anyone else submit on their knees in a snap of his fingers.

Taehyung turned to incuriously glance at Kai before returning his attention to the view outside the balcony, "Report"

"The people of Veial have scattered. By the time we've infiltrated, the Veialeans and their leader have evacuated their hideout. We have captured a few of them and tortured the answers out from their mouths. It seems they have taken refuge in the deserts of the lands of Saakar."

Taehyung raised his brows, "And of the Noble Min's heir?"

Kai straightened, "The young lord Min had withdrawn his people from the Veialean hideout days before the evacuation. These weeks he hasn't been active in the Veialean operation. Currently, he's now resolving problems arising in Zenin City..."

"..."

Kai then exhaled as he finished his report. His eyes lock on his master's figure and he waited for Lord Hercullio's (Taehyung's) reply patiently.