❄️ || Chapter 31 || Am I Really Cursed? ( Part 1 ) ❄️

|| Chapter 31 || Am I Really Cursed? ( Part 1 )

Yoongi leaned back comfortably on the couch, his intertwined hands resting on his knee.

Pulling his brows together into a frown, Jinyoung bowed his head as he sat on the identical velvet couch opposite to the silver-eyed youth. He landed at the two older brothers behind the third young master's seat, they stood eyeing him with identical cold eyes.

Jinyoung could not blame them. Their affection for their youngest brother was certainly mad and blinding, every single person within the estate was fully aware of it, including him. Ever since Yoongi came back, the atmosphere within the manor had changed terrifically. The previous mournful and grievous air before Yoongi's rescue abruptly vanished, and along with Yoongi's tremendous transformation, his sudden change in personality completely shocked the whole estate. And not more sooner, Yoongi once again stirred the whole Noble circle with the unveiling of his hidden ability.

This young man sitting collectedly before Jinyoung was no longer the once reckless and conceited little man. He was now a courageous young bird ready to flex its wings for flight.

The more Jinyoung looked at Yoongi, the more curious he felt.

"Young master, when did you awaken your maeruthan abilities?"

Yoongi slightly lowered his lids. "In truth, I do not know when it had awakened. Days after my carriage was attacked by thieves, I was given the chance to run into the woods. I have no recollection of what happened afterward. I woke up inside a cave beneath a glacial mountain of the north, the colors of my hair, and my eyes had changed and I was lost of why it happened. There was a river not far from the cave and there I had discovered my abilities as a maeruthan".

"Did you consumed anything before you had discovered your powers?" Asked Jinyoung.

"I had starved for days after the attack. I knew of nothing about any survival skills".

"Then was there someone who helped you cultivate? Were you not alone in the northern mountains?"

"No..."

Yoongi paused when a word abruptly joined in. He glanced at Jaebum behind him. Jinyoung too was surprised.

Jaebum suddenly interrupted, his voice low, and his brows furrowed. "There wasn't anyone but him. He lived inside the cave where he had awakened, there were no signs of another person joining him. There laid by the corner of the cave were fur pelts, enough for one person to sleep on. Other than that, there wasn't anything else except a few rocks and icicles hanging from above".

Before Jinyoung could open his mouth Jaebum glared at him and hissed, "Do not doubt me, I know what I saw".

The Head seer closed his mouth and looked at the young heir for a moment before nodding. Of course, when it came to the first young master, Jinyoung knew very well how Jaebum was in person. He wasn't the type to lie when it comes to Yoongi's sake. He softened his look and continued to question Yoongi.

"Then how did this young master learn to withstand the cold and survive the days alone in the wilderness?"

Yoongi's eyes suddenly softened as if he was reminiscing good times which was an unusual thing for someone who had endured the harsh wintry woods, surviving alone.

"I met a little fox who wouldn't stop following me where ever I go..." he smiled. "Before I discovered my abilities he was the one who led me to the river. After my powers had awakened, I knew I couldn't just sit and wait, waiting for death. To exit the mountain was as difficult as entering it, let alone staying for weeks alone in the wintry woods. I would rather die with my family close to me than to die alone, helpless and foolish. So I learned to bleed and to sweat for my food, my warmth, and my survival".