CHAPTER 17

Ch.17 – Does Love at First Sight Exist in Esports?

When the four of them came back from dinner, Manager Guo happened to be looking for Yao Sen, and the two of them went straight to the lounge.

Manager Guo asked, “Did you appear in Noah’s vice captain’s livestream a few days ago?”

“I soloed with him for a few rounds, what’s up?”

“You never signed with White Shark, yet you turn around and show up on another platform. That stream stayed at the top of the list for a long time, and the person in charge of the White Shark Livestream has been bugging me all day long about when you’d sign with them,” Manager Guo said. “The contract has been changed according to your conditions. You’d stream at least six times a month for a minimum of ninety minutes each time, which means that the platform’s cut has been slightly raised. They’ve already given me the contract, and I’ve looked over it carefully. You definitely won’t suffer any losses. Will you sign?”

“Sure, I’ll sign,” Yao Sen took the contract and flipped through it, taking note of several clauses about the awards cut and contract breaches before finally signing. “When do I start?”

“Next week, but they wouldn’t hate it if you start tonight.” Manager Guo put away the contract, then remembered something else, “One more thing, isn’t it your birthday next Wednesday? The official website will put up a scrolling banner. People from the website will take some pictures tomorrow–you can sign your autograph and write a sentence to boost morale, that kind of thing.”

It was fine if Yao Sen was asked to sign, but writing a sentence was a little difficult. First off, he couldn’t think of any other slogan than “Titans is the strongest”, but he didn’t want to be forced to pour chicken soup. Secondly, apart from his pretty nice-looking autograph, the rest of his handwriting was an extremely tragic sight.

Manager Guo probably also realized that this was hard for him, so he told him to ask whether Bai Yue was willing to be his ghostwriter. Bai Yue had extremely nice handwriting. Moreover, it was very similar to Yao Sen’s signature, so it would look completely authentic.

So after the outsourced staff came, Yao Sen easily signed and left, directly assigning the task of coming up with a slogan to Bai Yue.

When Bai Yue returned, he directly complained about Yao Sen in their WeChat group.

Bai Yue: @YaoSen you’re such a handsome dude, but why is your handwriting so ugly?

Yao Sen: The uglier the handwriting, the handsomer the man.

Bai Yue: …I didn’t say that my handwriting looks nice

Wang Yuxi: What happened?

Bai Yue: I was forced to become a sharpshooter.

*枪手 = sharpshooter, also means someone who produces a piece of work for someone else to pass off as their own… it’s a pun

Wang Yuxi: Sharpshooter? Aren’t you a support?

Bai Yue: I meant that he made me write for him. Are you stupid?

Wang Yuxi: Then you could just say that you’re a ghostwriter! Lao-Gou made me practice instant positioning[1] for two hours today, my hands are fucked