CHAPTER 23

Ch.23 – Does Love at First Sight Exist in Esports?

“Replace you?” Bai Yue froze. “You sure?”

“It’s a friendly match, just do what you want and have fun,” Yao Sen said indifferently, then turned to face the somewhat nervous Zhou Ziyu. “Don’t stress yourself out, Ziyu. If you lose then you lose, playing against other teams feels very different from ordinary training. Your task here is to familiarize yourself with the rhythm of a real match.”

Zhou Ziyu relaxed quite a bit after hearing what Yao Sen said. He took a deep breath and nodded resolutely.

Yao Sen: “I won’t be there as captain, that’ll be on Lao-Song. Lao-Wang, do as you see fit.”

Song Mingzhe was a veteran member of Titans, he was a half-assault-half-support all-rounder who had always been listed as a vice captain. Only, unlike Cobra’s ‘support as core’ strategy, Titans’s main team still fought with their captain as the core. In the absence of Yao Sen, he was their back-up core.

Currently, as the sole pure output of the entire team, Wang Yuxi had the illusion of being surrounded by a harem of 3,000 imperial concubines and was immediately rejuvenated. He said, “No problem. I, Lord Xi, enjoy this feeling of being embraced from the left, hugged from the right, and leaning on the person behind me. Consort Yu, Consort Yue, Consort Zhe, escort me!”

The three supports with complicated expressions on their faces were mute. Zhou Ziyu gave him face and showed an awkward yet polite smile. The Yao Sen exclusive boaster Song Mingzhe acted like he didn’t hear, while the disdain in Bai Yue’s eyes almost materialised.

Yao Sen left Wang Yuxi to his daydreams alone and left the lounge, heading for the spectator seats. There was actually one more reason for his substitution that he hadn’t mentioned—

Yao Sen was worried that Shen You would go to the spectator seats to look for Shao Han right after the match, and he’d only be at ease if he went there himself to keep an eye on things.

When he reached the third row, he let out a breath at the lack of people around Shao Han. He walked over and directly sat down next to him.

Shao Han: “Yao Sen?”

“Our team made a substitution.”

Shao Han looked puzzled. “They switched you out? Does your team have that many amazing assaults?”

Hearing Shao Han indirectly praising him as ‘amazing’, Yao Sen’s heart faintly fluttered with joy, though his expression didn’t change a fraction as he said,  “He’s a support.”

“In that case, you guys only have one assault left?”

“It’s fine, it’s a friendly match, and Cobra switched Shen You out as well.”

Shao Han’s eyes flashed, and he nodded wordlessly.

After the third round of the match began, Cobra with their two strong-hitting outputs did indeed have the upper hand. By the latter half of the game, Zhou Ziyu’s support stabilized, and the maneuver with Song Mingzhe as the core gradually took shape. Though while their offense caught up, Cobra still won in the end.

The friendly match finally ended with a score of two to one.

Yao Sen returned to the stage once more and shook hands with Cobra’s team members. Shen You, who was back on stage, smiled at him, and as they stepped off the stage together, he whispered,  “Well played.”