CHAPTER 43

Ch.43 – Does Love at First Sight Exist in Esports?

With no other schedules on the third day of the expo, the Titans team members took advantage of their hard-won rest between rounds of intense training to relax. As far as Yao Sen was concerned, the benefit of a day-off was that he didn’t need to get up early.

Shao Han was still asleep, his breaths lightly spilling across Yao Sen’s arm. Yao Sen, who had been awake for some time, couldn’t bear to move an inch.

Yao Sen feasted his eyes on Shao Han’s neck, peppered with pale hickeys. His fingers were slightly curled where they peeked out of the blanket, and Yao Sen gently took hold of his smooth and round fingernails to fiddle with, the corners of his mouth rising into an endlessly delighted grin.

Just then, Shao Han’s phone on the nightstand vibrated, and the screen displayed an incoming call from ‘Captain’. Shao Han’s brows faintly creased as he opened his eyes, a hand extending out of the blanket to fumble around for his phone. After answering the call, he pressed his phone to his ear.

Shao Han opened his mouth to speak, yet nothing came out. It was only then did he realise that his throat was uncomfortably hoarse. He desperately cleared his throat, but what greeted him was a stinging pain. Enduring the discomfort, he forced out, “…Hello?”

“……Shao Han?” Lin Lan said after a brief pause. “You haven’t gotten up yet?”

Shao Han stared at the time on his phone with a blank gaze and was startled to find that it was already 10.40 am. As Shao Han’s thoughts gradually returned to his brain, he whirled around, yet he bumped into a warm chest. Upon looking up, he saw a bare-chested Yao Sen, a hint of a not-quite-smile on his lips as he stared at Shao Han. His phone nearly slipped out of his grasp.

Last night’s events flooded his mind and made him go pink. He struggled free from Yao Sen’s arms and quickly answered, “I was… catching up on sleep. Is there anything you need, Captain?”

“Did you catch a cold? Drink more water,” Lin Lan didn’t think much of it, his words nothing more than a casual inquiry. “It’s nothing. Don’t forget to meet up at the hotel entrance at 4.30.”

“Mm, okay.”

After hanging up, Shao Han lay back down, his entire body aching. A trace of exhaustion still lingered in the flushed corners of his eyes; he seemed wan, listless.

Yao Sen chuckled helplessly. “You were already asleep when I came back with the medicine last night, and I didn’t want to wake you. If your throat hurts, then let’s go have a bite. You can take your meds after eating.”

Shao Han, however, had no desire to move a single inch, his body carrying a rare languidness.

Yao Sen: “Where does it hurt?”

Shao Han’s voice contained a hint of complaint. “……My waist is sore.”

“Then shall I massage it for you?” Yao Sen’s hand reached inside the blanket and rubbed at Shao Han’s waist, laughing softly in his ear as he said, “Don’t worry, next time I’ll be sure to remember.”

As much as Shao Han wanted to flip a look at Yao Sen, his body was too exhausted to do so. Yao Sen’s hands felt so good that all he wanted to do was lie in the warm and snug nest of his blankets and soft pillow and go back to sleep.