CHAPTER 58

Ch.58 – Does Love at First Sight Exist in Esports?

At noon, the group ate lunch at a McDonalds joint near the stadium. While eating his hamburger, Wang Yuxi exclaimed in shock, “Really? NL is that good?”

Yao Sen nodded. “That captain of theirs is probably quite the character.”

Following the conclusion of the NL vs. Brazil match, the online search rate for the two letters of NL’s name rose considerably. There were heated discussions within the esports community, and the amount of attention NL received reached unprecedented heights. Everyone, whether professional or amateur, was talking about this specific black horse.

Cheng Rui had given an exceptionally explosive performance in the third game, carrying out a brilliant counterattack in the face of his enemies surrounding him. He’d evidently reserved his strength during the qualifiers. Everyone was speculating on how strong he really was and how far he could lead his young team.

“Holy shit, he’s a genuine dark horse,” Wang Yuxi sighed ruefully. “Youngsters are playing better and better these days, they’re not leaving us da-ges any room to breathe.”

In the afternoon, the list of match-ups for the second round was released. Titans once again matched up with the German team they had faced in the qualifiers, Noah’s Ark matched up with a British team, and the currently high-profile NL faced a team that ranked sixteenth in the qualifiers.

Additionally, the fact that the legendary ‘Twin Demons of the West’ were grouped together heightened everyone’s excitement.

And at this very moment, back home, Bai Yue was preparing to board his flight after a day’s rest following his discharge.

In the second round, the Titans were unlucky with their random map and lost to the German team, bringing their score to 1-1.

Yao Sen maintained a cheerful attitude. Winning or losing was a normal part of competing, so he simply laughed it off. Zhou Ziyu, on the other hand, was a little disheartened, believing that his performance had dragged everyone down in comparison to how well they played with Bai Yue.

Noah’s Ark won again in the second round, whereas NL suffered a disappointing defeat and fell to a 1-1 score like the Titans.

The most talked-about second round match was none other than the first confrontation of the ‘Twin Demons of the West’ in this year’s competition. These two teams had neck and neck for champion and runner up year after year, taking many championships in turn. All their matches were always head-to-head, hair-raising battles.

In this match, Odin lost to Lincoln and also fell to a 1-1 score.

After learning that Yao Sen and the rest of his team had lost in the second round, there was a moment where Shao Han felt afflicted. When he had dinner with Yao Sen in the evening, he made sure to not bring up the subject, fearing that it would ruin Yao Sen’s mood.

On the contrary, Yao Sen reviewed the second round with Shao Han and even informed him what he needed to be aware of if he were to face the German team. “Losing has it’s perks. At the very least, Titans won’t meet Noah in the third round. I really won’t be able to take it if I had to play against you now,” Yao Sen half-joked. “Besides, Bai Yue will be back tomorrow. Everything will be fine.”

Shao Han slightly relaxed, saying, “Don’t get polite with me on the field. If you throw the game, I’ll be mad.”

In the past, the words ‘I’ll be mad’ had never come out of Shao Han’s mouth of his own accord. Yao Sen couldn’t stop the corners of his mouth from rising, thinking privately that his family’s Xiao Zuo was getting cuter by the day.