CHAPTER 61

Ch.61 – Does Love at First Sight Exist in Esports?

After the matchup was announced, Coach Gou spoke a few words to the Titans, “Go all out and do your best to win, but don’t let it get to you if you don’t win.”

Wang Yuxi had already been shaking Bai Yue’s shoulders for ten minutes and repeatedly exclaiming “Holy shit!” for a while now. Bai Yue himself inwardly tensed up when he saw that their next opponent was Odin, and Wang Yuxi’s never-ending cries right next to his ear only added to his anxiety. As a result, he tore away from those groping hands, exclaiming angrily, “Stop that! You’re just making it worse!”

“Shit man! It’s Odin!” Wang Yuxi howled. “It’s really Odin!”

Right then, Yao Sen opened the door and walked out of his room, followed by Shao Han. Shao Han, who now had to go back to his team for pre-game strategic analysis, looked at Yao Sen and said, “Goodluck.”

Yao Sen gave a nod. “See you tonight, baby,” he said, smiling.

After seeing Shao Han off, Yao Sen peered into the living room, only to be met with blank stares. “What are you guys looking at me for?” he asked.

“……It’s nothing. Just checking to see if you’ll no longer be attending morning court from now on, Your Majesty,” said Wang Yuxi. “Question! Odin is up next, what are your thoughts?”

“What can I think? I’ll be playing how we should be playing,” Yao Sen said offhandedly. “We’ll run into them sooner or later anyway, and it’s not like it’ll be just this one chance.”

Wang Yuxi held a hand to his chest. “It’s only the second round… Ah… My fragile heart.”

The news of “Titans vs Odin” immediately shook the esports community, with fans at home both nervous and excited, their words of support for the Titans filling every corner of the internet, and international esports media hyping the upcoming match to unimaginable heights.

The crowned kings were one of the world’s strongest teams, having set several competition records and won numerous league championships; the other team was an emerging force from Asia, with similarly high level players, a dark horse with undeniably the greatest potential challenging them for the throne. All eyes were focused on both sides.

Odin’s captain, Ethan, tweeted not long after: “WHOA! I’M SO HAPPY!! 爻森 is an interesting guy!!”

On the way to the arena, Yao Sen was still recalling everything he’d ever analysed about Odin in previous training sessions. There was a palpable fear of losing; if they were to defeat such a powerful team, they needed to rely on strategy and tactics—it was pointless to rely on petty tricks in the face of absolute strength.

Although he gave off an unruffled impression, in reality, his nerves and excitement were no less than those of anyone else.

Odin was strong. As were Titans. Yao Sen was genuinely excited to find out who was best suited to rule the field. Was it time to usher in a new era, where Odin and Lincoln had previously ruled over the field for so long?

At 8 p.m., round two of the group stage commenced.

This was a night where Titans truly got to appreciate the power of fans. The fans of both teams were a force to be reckoned with, Odin’s fans with their numbers, and Titans’s fans with their noise.

When the two teams shook hands, Ethan gave Yao Sen an unceremonious hug, jumping up and down with genuine enthusiasm.

As the players took their seats, Wang Yuxi gulped; despite being nervous, his psyche as a first-class player was not so weak. Slapping the table, he switched on his Trashtalking Wang Mode and menacingly bellowed, “Right! Let’s show them all what Chinese Kung Fu is all about!”