CHAPTER 14

Ch.14 – Does Love at First Sight Exist in Esports?

Yao Sen and Wang Yuxi defeated Bai Yue and Song Mingzhe in the duo queue matches. As the prices in Nanluo Bay’s restaurants weren’t cheap and Yao Sen still had the conscience to not make the two of them pay for dinner, he simply had them take care of the taxi fare.

After the four people entered the hotpot restaurant, they smoothly “ran into” the members of Noah’s Ark who were out to celebrate the club’s sixth anniversary. Shao Han’s face showed a surprised look at Yao Sen’s sudden appearance.

Yao Sen replied very naturally, “Ah, I wanted to go out to dinner after training. I didn’t know where to go at first but I remembered that you said something about having hotpot and thought that it seemed pretty good.”

To the side, Wang Yuxi stared at Yao Sen with a look of dubious awareness. Normally, he’d throw a couple words in jest, but Yao Sen turned to glare at him, signalling Wang Yuxi to hurry up and order food and not prattle on.

The four of them chose a table not far from Noah’s main team and sat down. When Bai Yue and Song Mingzhe went to mix the condiments, Wang Yuxi punched Yao Sen and said, “You’re really something, you can even ask where others are eating.”

“There’s nothing you can’t ask.”

The atmosphere surrounding Noah’s team members was warm. A few hearty laughs could be heard every now and then. It wasn’t long before there was a bottle of beer on every table, and the celebration was finally complete with a touch of alcohol.

Slowly, some people felt that just drinking beer was not enough and directly waved their hands to ask the waiter to serve a few bottles of baijiu. Anniversaries are only commemorated once a year after all, and Noah’s coach and manager didn’t mention a word as the team members let loose.

Shao Han was also led by his teammates to drink a lot. His alcohol tolerance wasn’t too good, and he soon grew somewhat dizzy as he picked at the dishes, his cheeks splotched with spots of red. Shao Han was originally good looking, but his current expression carried a slightly intoxicated trance which could make one’s heart burn up.

Yao Sen watched Shao Han through the misty smoke of the hotpot from a few tables away, feeling as if the hot and numbing red soup in his mouth numbed him to the core of his heart.

A dozen minutes later, Shao Han was thoroughly drunk and resting his upper body on the table, unable to get up. The other Noah team members around him were still lively, planning to go to a KTV after eating.

Captain Lin Lan saw that Shao Han could no longer hold up, and just as he was about to send Shao Han back, a pair of hands landed on Shao Han’s shoulders first.

Yao Sen smiled, “I’ll send Shao Han back, you guys go on and have fun.”

Seeing the Titans’s captain’s appearance, the Noah team members all looked at each other in confusion. However, Lin Lan knew that Yao Sen and Shao Han had a good relationship, so he had no objections and thanked Yao Sen directly.

Shao Han was in such a daze that he had no idea what was going on, and before he could respond, Yao Sen directly gathered him in his arms and carried him away. Yao Sen returned to his table and bid farewell to Wang Yuxi and the others before leaving with Shao Han.

Bai Yue was somewhat baffled, “What the hell is Yao Sen doing?”

Wang Yuxi said, “What’s wrong with others’ pure brotherhood? Let’s eat more. Eat up Yao Sen’s share too.”

Yao Sen helped Shao Han walk to the curb to hail a cab. Shao Han’s steps were a bit unstable as he stumbled after Yao Sen. While Yao Sen stood at the side of the road, Shao Han leaned against his body.