CHAPTER 06

Ch.6 – Does Love at First Sight Exist in Esports?

Yao Sen’s gaze seemed to attract their attention. There was next to no one who didn’t know Titans’s captain, and as people nudged at their teammates and whispered in each other’s ears, several Cobra members also looked over.

Shao Han blanked out the moment he saw them and hurried to avert his line of sight. It looked faintly like he was avoiding them. To Yao Sen, Shao Han’s somewhat abnormal movements didn’t go unnoticed. He turned to see a member of Cobra walking towards them.

At first glance, Yao Sen thought the man looked familiar, like he’d at least seen him on the other team’s introduction page. Coach Gou’s words from not too long ago came to mind, and Yao Sen immediately recalled that this man was Cobra’s No. 3, Shen You.

Shen You stopped in front of them, his eyes sweeping over Yao Sen and finally stopping on Shao Han, “Shao Han, are you participating in the competition?”

Shao Han was silent, his lips pursed tight. There was a rare hesitance in his eyes. After a while, he raised his eyes and looked at Shen You squarely, answering, “Not participating.”

“What a pity,” Shen You replied with regret, “Then let’s meet again on the WCAD field.”

Shen You finished and glanced at Yao Sen, nodding politely, then turned and left.

Quietly watching them leave, Yao Sen turned to see that Shao Han was also looking in Shen You’s direction. He asked, “Do you know each other?”

“…Mhm.”

“What’s the matter?” Yao Sen asked keenly.

“It’s nothing.” The strange emotion in Shao Han’s eyes disappeared, and he looked up at Yao Sen, “Thank you for the cup. We still have to attend the opening ceremony tomorrow, rest early today.”

“Mm, you too.”

Yao Sen watched Shao Han’s retreating back pensively. Regardless of whether his reasons and motives were objective or subjective, he felt that he really needed to pay attention to Cobra’s No. 3.

The Titans members returned from their midnight snack and dropped by Yao Sen and Wang Yuxi’s room to chat. Yao Sen sat down on the one-man sofa and propped up his leg on the foot stool.

Titans and his party came back from a midnight snack and chatted in Komori and Wang Yuxi’s room. Yao Sen sat down on an armchair and propped his legs up on the footstool. “I have something to ask you all.”

“What is it?”

“Under what circumstances would someone look awkward and evasive when they see another person?”

Wang Yuxi looked at him oddly and said, “Are you planning to change careers and study psychology after you retire? I don’t mean to disappoint you, but this industry can only get you so far.”

Bai Yue: “Why are you asking, Yao Sen?”

“I’m just asking,” Yao Sen said, “Can you guys put yourselves in their shoes?”

Wang Yuxi: “Accidentally farting in the middle of a crowd?”

Yao Sen: “Wang Yuxi is forbidden to speak.”

“I’m just kidding. I, Wang Yuxi, a man who will become an esports champion will analyze this for you,” Wang Yuxi put down his phone and sat cross-legged on the bed. “Serious talk–I think it’s very likely that a person would show this expression because he ran into someone he didn’t want to meet.”

“Like who?”

“People you don’t like? An enemy? “

“Don’t make groundless claims, seeing the enemy wouldn’t be awkward,” Bai Yue chimed in. “People say that in this lawful society, the most likely time that someone would show this expression is when you run into your ex.”