"You recognize him?" I asked, wondering how these two could’ve met.

"Well yeah, I tried to sleep with him, but he just blew me off!" I didn't need to know that, but at least now I understood why she looked pissed.

The guy didn’t sleep with her, because he had standards.

"You could have just said you met him at the bar."

"Like I care, still he got what he deserved, humph! Turning down a woman like me, the man didn't deserve to live for such disrespect, Hmph!"

"You're a grade-A bitch, you know that?"

"And you're a sick, twisted bastard, who gets off on looking at my body and sniffing my underwear."

She always has something to say… At this point, I was getting used to her attitude. At least I preferred dealing with an obnoxious bitch who didn't bother hiding her thoughts than her Yuuma persona.

"There are some runes written on the stone here…" I called her forward so that she could translate it for me, just wanting to get this conversation going. The stone looked similar to the one I saw above when I went to visit Cu Chulainn's grave. Except this point was still stained with blood and a rope-like flesh that resembled the intestines.

"I read ᚲᛚᛟᚲᚺᚨᚠᚨᚱᛗᛟᚱᛖ, on here… which should translate to Clochafarmore."

Isn't that the Irish hero's grave stone?

What kind of madman had such a hate for a man who died long ago to recreate his last moments with another lookalike.

"We need to continue our search."

Returning to the matter at hand, whoever killed Sétante was still here, I could feel the flow of magic go further into the cave. Behind the pierced body was a dark corridor with a trail of blood leading to two metal doors.

Something was pulling in the liquid and the magic in the surrounding area.

'A vampire?' What other creature would be associated with blood? Oh wait, I remembered reading the book I bought depicting Ireland's mythological creatures. 'Don't tell me it's an Abhartach…'

These creatures were described to be incredibly fierce and violent unlike the France version; which is known to be more cunning.

I decided to make my way towards the doors where the trail ledding until Raynare stopped me, "Wait!"

In such a quiet and confined space her voice was hundreds of times louder than normal, which made me flinch very hard.

"Quiet down will you!? The enemy definitely heard us! What is it?" I glared at her, wondering if it would’ve been better to leave her behind next time.

"Don't you want to take this spear? Like it's right here for the taking!" asked Raynare, pointing at the spear that was still impaled in the deceased Irish man.

"Touch the weapon," I said, my voice sounding empty

"What?" She looked at me confused.

"If you want the spear then I dare you to take it."

"Are you serious?"

"Very."

Something felt off about that spear… it wasn't a normal weapon or even a sacred gear for that matter. I felt nothing from it, not even the slightest aura of bloodlust or remaining magical aura; which worried me a lot.

I wanted to take it, but my guts heavily protested at the action.

So to make sure if my worries were either true or false, I let Raynare take it instead… or at least try to.