Chapter 17

The excitement that I am feeling is overwhelming. I've been with the different parts of the Hacienda with Lolo Isidro but never with Rhyno.

"We'll just take my jeep." He answered casually habang may tinitipa sa phone. I saw Dion's name so I assumed that he is texting with him.

"Saan tayong parte pupunta?" I asked.

Their lands can't be measured by the naked eye. There are forest areas na sinasabi sa akin ni Maddie na may hidden falls and rivers. They have plantation of different crops, which require huge amount of capital and large labor force. I don't know what they specifically grow, maybe sugarcane, corns, palay, and many more. They also have niyugan and manggahan. The ranch also, they have mostly cattle, sheep, pigs, goats, horses of course, buffalo, and I don't know the others.

I've never dream living in this kind of place but I am enjoying my stay here.

"We are heading to the ranch first, I'm gonna check the newly born cattles." He announced and I nodded.

Lumingon siya sa akin nang hindi ako sumagot.

"What?" I raised up a brow.

He just smirked and turn the engine on.

My attention is thoroughly dedicated to the view outside. The sun is very bright and I could see birds flying. I opened the window and inhaled the cold breeze coming from the woods. I could sense Rhyno staring at me from time to time.

When I opened my eyes, It darted to some small bamboo houses along the trees near the forest.

"There are houses here?" I asked.

He nodded. "Lolo mostly offer his workers to have a place to build a house. He is also considering to give that piece of a land to them already."

I pursed my lips at napaisip. Ang bait talaga ng Lolo niya. Para sakanila maliit na bagay lang ang lupang iyon pero sa mga trabahador ay malaking bagay na iyon. There's no more comfort than knowing that you own a piece of land to house your family and keep them safe.

The Ponferradas are big, I can't blame Marquissa Ponferrada for being spoiled. The family that I am married to is an old rich family of hacienderos. Mas lalo na ang ama ni Rhyno, an internationally known Hotelier.

Iniisip ko kung saang lugar ako pupunta kung sakali mang tatakas ako o magkakaroon ng kasalanan kay Rhyno sa hinaharap. It feels like he can still find me kahit lumabas pa ako ng bansa.

I cleared my throat and shrugged the thought away. Napag-usapan na naman namin na contractual lang ang ugnayan namin ngayon. This agreement will end sooner than I think. I don't need to escape.

"Kung mga kabahayan yan, does that mean na malapit na diyan ang bahay namin noon?" I asked to blew my unwanted thoughts.

He fell silent for a bit before nodding. "Yes, pero may dating lupain pa ng mga Clemente ang madadaan bago ang fish farm niyo at mansyon."

Ako naman ang natahimik. It wasn't ours anymore. It was acquired by his grandfather already so technically, they own it now. Iyong mansyon lang ang hindi ko alam kung sino ang bumili.

He seemed to notice my silence kaya napabaling siya sa akin. His furrowed brows tells me that my silence bothered him. Does he sense if my mood change? Is he that observant?

I fell conscious all of a sudden.

"Do you want to visit your house and fish farm?" he asked softly that I could grasp the tenderness of it in the wind.

"Y-yes." Nag-iwas ako ng tingin.

I don't want him to know how desperate I am to have a glance of it. Pakiramdam ko kasi nasa paligid lang ang presensiya ng aking mga magulang kapag pupunta ako doon. That was the last place they went and reside mostly before the accident.