Epilogue

This is the last part of the Second Installment of North Series. Thank you for being part of this journey!

-----------

Rhyno's POV

I thought I had the perfect family.

"Papa, what's this?"

His brows furrowed. "Where did you get this, Rhyno?"

I pursed my lips and pointed upstairs.

"Manang Lupe and I are playing hide and seek. I hid on Mama's closet and I found those. Is Mama sick, Papa? Is she still crying because we lost my brother?"

Papa looked at the bottle that is full of medicine. He gulped after some time before averting his gaze to me then smile a little.

"N-no. She is fine. I will get her from the hospital later." He said and kissed my forehead.

A lot of blood came from Mama yesterday, Papa rushed her to the Hospital. He came home this morning telling that we lost my baby brother.

I was saddened by the news and I am so worried of Mama because I saw her cried when she was rushed to the hospital.

I was just the same age as Fauna and Rhysea when that incident happened.

The next thing I knew. Nag-aaway na ang mga magulang ko araw-araw pagkatapos mawala ang kapatid ko.

"You never love me!"

Napatigil ako, the door of my parent's room was a bit opened. I was startled when Papa shouted.

Mama stare at him emotionless. "We only agreed to marry until Rhyno understands that this marriage is a sham."

"Mierda! Is that why you chose to abort the baby?! Is that how desperate you are to get out from our marriage, Marquissa? You can kill your own child?!"

My eyes widened. I felt my chest heaving and hurting.

"Yes! I am so sick of pretending to be happy with you! You know that I only love William Dizon!"

Papa hopelessly broke down on the floor.

He cried loudly. "I am aware that you only marry me because I got you pregnant and it will be a shame to your family to raise a child fatherless. But Marquissa, I learnt to love you. Despite your flaws and attitude, I learn to see that there is also good in you."

"I love you the moment you gave birth to Rhyno. My feelings were always overflowing while I see the gentleness in your eyes while you take care of our son, hoping you'd see me with soft lovely eyes also. I believed that one day, you will."

"I'm sorry, Rico. I can't love you."

I ran to my room because I could not take it anymore.

I was young, I don't know what I am feeling but I know that my heart bleeds whenever my parents argue.

A week after that confrontation, Mama and I left Papa.

She took me to the Philippines. Her home country.

My young self could not understand why my parents had to seperate or why I had to just visit Papa in Spain during summer.

But as I got older. I learned that the medicine that I gave to Papa that time is abortion pills.

Mama aborted my brother.

I became rebellious when I got to high school. Napabarkada ako sa grupo ni Torin Biore and Alfaust Dizon.