chapter fortyeight

A TOUCH OF MAGIC
———————————

A TOUCH OF MAGIC———————————

————————————

AFTER REGROUPING WITH P PARKER, RORY REALIZED IT WAS HER TIME TO SHINE.
"Pete, give me your extra web shooter." She said quickly.
"What?" The Parker man asked, already digging for it. "Why?"
"I need to get up there." She pointed to where Strange was still standing.
"No. Are you insane?" Pete retracted his hand.
"Pete, listen to me." Rory cupped her Spider-man's face. "I love you, and I'd love to argue with you, but I'm needed elsewhere."
Pete closed his eyes tightly and sighed, fishing the tool from his pocket. "You best come back in one piece, or I'll kill you."
"I know." The Morais woman smiled before slipping the shooter on her wrist and flinging herself up the statue.
"She's pretty awesome." P Parker nodded as he watched her figure get smaller and smaller.
"Yeah, she really is." Pete chuckled softly.

Once at the top, Rory concentrated as she let herself float. As she got next to Stephen, he glanced at her in shock.
"How are you doing that?" He asked quickly.
"Different universe, same kind of magic." Rory coughed out, forcing her tired hands up. Immediately, a ball of magic similar to Stephens, but also entirely different. With a groan, she pushed her magic into the broken sky, the tears slowly coming together.

Down below, the Peters cured Norman, but P Parker was stabbed harshly. Pete rushed to his new friend.
"Oh, it's you." P Parker chuckled.
"You okay?" Pete grimaced with empathy.
"Oh, yeah. I've been stabbed before." The eldest Peter waved it off with a wince.
"Oh, good, good, good, good." Pete nodded softly. Peter P slid next to them.
"Hey, you okay?" The boy asked the eldest man who nodded.
"Hey, nice catch." Pete glanced at the boy with a smile.
Peter P chuckled. "Nice throw." Above them, the joint magic crackled.
Pete looked to Rory's shaking figure and his eyebrows furrowed.
"She's be okay, man. She's strong." Peter P pat his friend on the shoulder.
"What? Is that happening, or am I dying?" P Parker looked up with wide eyes.
"No, yeah. That's happening, that's real." Pete glanced down at the man before back up.
"Are there people in the sky?" P Parker asked rhetorically.

Rory and Stephen's hands shook as they tried to hold the universe together. It was definitely easier said than done.
"What's happened?" Peter P yelled over the rumble.
"They're starting to come through and we can't stop them." Stephen explained shortly.
"There's gotta be something we can do." The Parker boy reminded. "Can't you just...cast the spell again? But, the original way. Before I screwed it up."
"It's too late for that, honey." Rory glanced down. "They're here."
"They're here because of you." Stephen added. Rory glanced at him with a Was that entirely necessary to add? look.
Peter P glanced up, Rory could practically see the lightbulb that went off in his head. "What if everyone forgot who I was?"
"What?" Rory and Stephen said at the same time.
"They're coming here because of me, right?" Peter P recited. "Because I'm Peter Parker? So cast a new spell. But this time make everyone forget who Peter Parker is. Make everyone forget...me."
"No." Stephen shut down immediately.
"But it would work, right?" Peter P asked.
"Yes, it would work...but, Pete..." Rory tried.
"You gotta understand, that would mean that everyone who knows and loved you, we-" Stephen cut himself off. Rory glanced at him with a sad smile. "We'd have no memory of you."
"It would be as though you never existed." Rory added on, seeing as Strange wouldn't be able to finish the thought.
"I know." Peter P nodded strongly. "Do it."
"You better go and say your goodbyes. You don't have long." Strange avoided eye contact.
"Thank you, sir." Peter P went to jump down.
"Call me Stephen." The wizard corrected.
"Thank you, Stephen." Peter P changed. The man chuckled.
"Yeah...still feels weird." He nodded the boy off sadly.
"I'll see you around." Peter P swung off.
"So long, kid." Strange gulped before coming to his senses. "Okay, Rory. You think you're up for this? It's a very dangerous spell."
"What do I have to do?" The Morais woman said with no hesitation.
"Concentrate and follow my lead. If this is going to work we need no mistakes and no redo's." The doctor ordered.
"No pressure then." Rory sighed, closing her eyes and focusing her hands. She followed Stephen's moves as if she'd known them already, and maybe she did. Maybe somewhere in the back of her mind she knew this stuff. It was the same magic after all.

The purple rips in the sky began to close quicker with a mixture of purplish and gold sparks. Peter P swung down to the other Spidermen and huffed a breath.
"Okay, uh...I think this is it. I think you're about to go home." He informed them.
"Okay." P Parker nodded.
"Alright." Pete glanced up to his girl.
"Uhm, look, I...uh, thank you." The youngest Parker sniffed. "I just wanna...I want you to...I wanna tell you that- I really don't know how to say this. I want you to know that I..."
"Peter." Pete cut his ranting off with a kind smile.
"You know. It's what we do." P Parker chuckled.
"Yeah it's what we do. Uhm...right I gotta find Ned and Mj. I, uh..."Peter P rushed forward and engulfed the two in a hug. "Thank you, thank you."
Once he pulled back, they all shared a smile. "Uh, I guess I'll see you."
"See you." The two said in sync. Peter P waved and ran off. P Parker chuckled and winced.
"You're in so much pain, aren't you?" Pete looked after the boy.
"I am." P Parker nodded.
"Yeah."

"Kid, get out of here." Stephen glanced to the girl. "I got this. You go, you have to say goodbye too."
"Thank you." Rory sighed as her arms finally fell. She landed smoothly on the top of the torch. "It was nice to meet you, Dr. Strange." The Morais girl waved with a kind smile before swinging off.
"She's too much like me." Strange chuckled.

As she got to the ground, Rory rushed to find Peter P. As she slid to a stop, Mj and the youngest Parker shared a kiss.
"Guys." Rory's voice broke. They all turned to her and without warning rushed to give her a big hug.
"Thank you so much. For all your help." Peter P sniffled.
"Yeah, you're like, the coolest magic person I know." Ned agreed.
"It was super dope to meet you." Mj added on.
"You guys are awesome. I love you guys." Rory pulled back and engulfed them each in a hug. "Stay safe, please. Peter P, you better find them or I'll find my way back and kick your ass." The boy chuckled. "Mj, don't be afraid to knock'em on the side of the head, they need it some times." The girl smiled sadly. "Ned, stay magic."
"Word." The boy sniffed. Rory hugged them all again before waving and jumping to the other two Spidermen.
"Oh, God. You scared the shit out of me." Pete scooped the Morais woman into his arms and spun her around. "I'm not letting you do that again."
"Please don't. It hurts so bad." Rory laughed. When her Peter set her down, the woman walked to P Parker and gently pulled him in for a hug.
"This is so sad." The man sighed.
"Yeah." Rory nodded, pulling away. "I hope you and your Mj make things work. You deserve it."
"Thank you." He smiled. "I hope you guys can work out. I've only known you for, like, 10 hours and I know you're in love."
"Well-" The sky crackled and rumbled loudly as the tears closed. The villains began to disappear, and Rory knew the Peters in front of her could feel it.
Pete walked to Rory, snaking an arm around her waist as they slowly faded. Both held up a peace sign before landing back to their New York.
Landing on a roof, Peter and Rory collapsed to their knees. They were finally home.