chapter fortyone

AND SO IT BEGINS
——————————

AND SO IT BEGINS——————————

——————————

THE LOOK PETER GAVE MJ MELTED RORY'S HEART. It only made her miss her Peter more than she already did. Gods know she wanted nothing more than to see him again.
Snapping out of her zone, she turned to the five villains held captive in the stone cells.
"Listen, I think we can help you guys." Rory started, walking more to the middle of the room for all of the men to hear her better.
"Yeah, if we can fix what happened to you, then when you go back, things will be different." Peter P walked next to her.
"And you might just live longer than before." Rory confirmed.
"What do you mean 'fix' us?" Max pipped in.
"Our technology is advanced-" Peter began, only to be cut off by the latest man they caught.
"I can help you." Norman leaned his shoulder against the stone wall next to him. "You know, I'm something of a scientist myself. Octavius can tell you what I can do." He looked to the first man captured. Rory and Peter P shared a glance, a small nod passing between them.
"Fix? You mean like a dog?" Otto made a crude motion with his hand. "I refuse."
"Well, if you wanna act like a bitch we can definitely treat you like one." Rory sneered with false sweetness.
"We can't promise you guys anything, but at least this way, you actually get to go home and have a chance. A second chance." The young Parker paused. "I mean, come in. Isn't that worth trying?"
"Trust me, Peter, when you try to fix people, there are always consequences." Connors spoke up for the second time since Rory had seen him again.
"Then again, you did try to change everyone into lizards...so." Rory shrugged.
"Who supplied me the formula?" Connors countered. Rory stormed up to the barrier of the cell.
"You really wanna go, old man? I'll kick your ass, just like last time." She seethed. Connors slammed against the barrier in an attempt to scare the Morais woman, but she didn't flinch or falter.
"Okay, Rory. Come back here." Peter mumbled to her as he shot a web on her back, tugging her towards the middle again. "And, you don't have to come." The boy then spoke to the lizard. "I also didn't know you could talk."
"Look, if you stay here, you'll have to deal with the wizard. Your choice." Rory grew annoyed with the pointless debate.
"Ah, so we go along or die. Not much of a choice, is it?" Connors scoffed.
"I will cut your right arm off if you don't shut up. Wanna have two stubs?" Rory cut him a harsh glance which effectively shut him up. Sandman sighed.
"I just wanna go home." He shrugged lightly.
"Well, I, myself, don't wanna be killed, especially by a guy dressed by Dungeons & Dragons, so...what's your plan?" Max explained in a way to diffuse the tension. Rory glanced at Peter, who's intentions grew panicked.
"We have everything under control." The boy tried to play it cool, but the Morais woman could see right through him.
As he backed up towards Mj and Ned, Peter P grabbed ahold of Rory's elbow to tug her with him.
Once huddled in a circle, Peter held the box up.
"What are we gonna do about this thing?" The Spiderboy whispered with wide eyes.
"Uh, well, we need to find somewhere safe for it, right?" Mj glanced from the relic to her friends.
"Yeah, sure. Yes." Ned quickly agreed.
"You have to take it." Rory pushed the object towards the girl in front of her.
"Wait, what?" Mj furrowed her eyebrows.
"If something bad happens you just push it. It'll be over and everyone will go back to their universes." Rory shrugged.
"No, we're going with you. We aren't gonna leave you two." Mj turned her attention back to her Peter.
"You can't come with us. It's too dangerous." Peter's voice was rushed. "You guys have already done enough."
"We're in this together." Ned pipped in with an obvious look on his face.
"I know we're in this together, but I..." Peter tried, having a hard time finding the right words.
"He can't do this knowing you guys are in danger." Rory said perfectly for him. "Please, Mj, Ned. Just take it, please. For Peter P."
The Watson girl huffed. "Fine." She took the box in hand. "But I swear to God if I don't hear from either of you, I'm pressing the button."
"Yeah." Rory nodded.
"Sure." Peter sighed with relief.
"Okay, and I will do it." Mj rose her voice and looked at the five bad guys, holding the box out from them to see. Norman nodded quickly.
"Yeah, we all believe you Michelle." Max glanced around awkwardly.
"What is with Spider-man and having difficult girlfriends?" Connors mumbled quietly. Unfortunately for him, Rory heard.
Lifting her right hand dramatically, her invisible magic hoisted a large rock up and tossed it at the barrier. The lizard shuffled back by the sheer force of the blow.
"She'll do it." Peter glanced at Rory with a strange look before pointing to his girlfriend.
"Absolutely, she will." Ned added in clarification.
"Okay, see you later." Peter P turned to Ned and the two began to do their extra long handshake as if it was nothing. Rory didn't pay them mind, instead giving a reassuring hug to the Watson girl who was obviously scared for her Peter. What caught her eye, however, was the way a gold spark snapped once the boys finished.
"Whoa." They tapped, quickly getting back on track. "Okay." Ned mumbled, turning to Rory who also gave him a hug.
After Mj and Peter P shared a kiss, both teens left the cript to head somewhere safer than the Sanctorum.
"Okay, who's coming with us?" Rory clapped her hands together.
"Well, I'm in." Max pipped in first. "But, if this goes sideways, I'm gonna cry you from the inside out." He threatened.
"Yeah, okay." Rory rolled her eyes while Peter called his aunt to pick them up.