chapter twentynine

THE TRUTH REVEALED
——————————

THE TRUTH REVEALED——————————

——————————

HARRY POURED HIMSELF A DRINK WITH HIS BACK TO THE DOOR OF HIS OFFICE.
"Mr. Osborn?" Felicia rushed up the steps to him. "You alright? Is there anything I can get you or..."
"No, not unless you can bring those spiders back to life." Harry chuckled humorlessly.
"Spiders?" Felicia repeated.
"The ones that they destroyed 'to...to restore investor confidence'." He turned slightly. "Go home, Felicia. Take the day off."
"Harry," Felicia called after his retreating figure. "I think there may be another way to get what you want."
Harry turned quickly.
"I overheard Menken talking with one of our security heads. Before they destroyed the spiders, they had the venom extracted." She informed him.
"Uh," Harry placed his bottle of alchemy down. "What?" He walked to stand closer to Felicia. "What are you saying?"
"That way, they could comply with the lawsuits but still keep the data in case it ever became useful." Felicia whispered.
"Where is it?" Harry breathed heavily.
"Somewhere in the building. Somewhere off-books called Special Projects." She informed him.

Harry sat at his desk, typing rapidly the name Felicia provided him.
Kari's voice rang out. "Special Projects." The files flowed over the electronic table. "Most recent entry: One hour ago."
Harry dragged the file over, glancing through it.
"'Approved by Harry Osborn'." He read angrily. Dragging the file over, it opened to more information.
"Accessing Ravencroft Archive." Kari informed. Harry looked through the files before dragging one over. "File 7-1-3." Kari read out. Harry enlarged the image and watched the footage of Max Dillon falling into the eel pool.
"What the hell?" He muttered. He began to drag over more files.
"File 7-1. Subject: Dillon, Max." Kari read again.
"And then I'm gonna kill the light, and then everyone in this city's gonna know how it feels to live in my world. A world without power. A world without Spider-man." Max's voice came from the video playing.
Kari popped over the screen. "Warning. Your user access has been revoked."
"He's busy. You can't go in there." Felicia's voice came from the doorway. Harry looked up to see security walking in.
"What did you do?" Harry growled.
"The more relevant question is what did you do?" The balding man accused. "An employee is killed, and in your first act as CEO, you cover it up."
"No, you covered it up." Harry pointed his finger harshly at the man. "And then you buried him in the bughouse using my name."
"Ravencroft is a timeworn institution devoted to mental improvement." The man reiterated, almost as if he had rehearsed it which, quick frankly, Harry wouldn't put it past him.
"You are experimenting on people in there." The Osborn heir walked forward swiftly. Two guards grabbed the young man's shoulders.
"Progress has its stepping stones." The man shrugged nonchalantly. Harry shoved out of the mens grasp.
"Now, in light of your deceptive criminal actions, you've been...How do I put this lightly? Fired." The man said harshly.
"You are not going to bury me too." Harry seethed.
"Looks to me like your halfway in the ground already." The man joked rudely. "It's only a matter of time. You're going to die a horrible death. Like your father. The difference is, no one is going to miss you."
Harry shoved the man and tried to punch him, but the guards were quick to hold him back.
"Get him out of here." The man spat his order. The guards began wrestling with Harry, but his faint pleads for them to stop did undead stop them. Harry looked up, an eerie smile growing on his face.
"I know my way out." He stated, stating daggers at the man. He glanced at the guards and nodded, who then harshly let go of the Osborn heir. He walked away coolly.