chapter twentyfour

ELECTRO
———————

ELECTRO———————

———————

WHILE FLYING THROUGH THE AIR, RORY REMOVED HER OUTER CLOTHING TO SHOW HER SUIT. She stuffed them in her bag and tossed it into the roof they landed.
Watching from the high ground, they saw as a hooded man ripped over a grate and stuck his hands on the wires. He shook at the electricity burned him.
A police officer made the area clear before confronting the man. They then saw the officer draw his gun, the man run back, then shoot electricity beams and tossed a truck away from him.
As more cruisers arrived, officers on the ground made sure to get all of the running people away from the trouble.
They saw on the screens that the man was actually blue. Rory furrows her eyebrows. How is it possible that their villains got weirder and weirder.
With all the polices guns pointed at him, the man grew angry, therefore sending and energy blast into the ground, throwing people and cars harshly away.
One officer ran from a car coming right at him, luckily, Peter jumped from the roof and stopped the car before it could kill him.
"I'm glad you're not one of those cops that rides a horse." Peter joked. Rory smirked before closing her eyes, trying to gain the attention of any god or goddess that would listen. Bia, the daughter of Titans and goddess of raw energy answered her call.
"Dear girl, take my power of energy manipulation and use it to stop this man. He will harm many." Her strong but soft voice sounded in Rory's head. A beam of light surrounded her and she could feel the power flow through her.
Snapping her eyes open, Rory looked around. It was like she could see the energy around her, her eyes had turned a bright blue. She saw the cops shooting at the man, and how the bullets seemed to disintegrate around him, never actually piercing his body. Peter let go of the car and the gunshots halted. Rory rushed her way to Peter, who now sat atop a car.
"Whoa, your eyes are blue." He noticed almost immediately. Rory scoffed.
"I called upon a goddess. She gives me the power to control raw energy. I can see it. He is full of it." Rory motioned to the man.
"Stop. Stop it." He begged, obviously distressed.
"Yo, Sparkles!" Peter called to him. When he turned, he seemed to calm down.
"Hey, how you doing?" Peter waved.
"It's you." The man sighed.
"Yeah, I know it's me." Peter yelled back. "Who are you?"
The man stepped forward, the grate under his feet rippled with electricity. Peter shot a web onto Rory and yanked her up before she could fry.
"No, should I?" Peter asked, his eyes following the electricity to the stairs full of people.
"I walked into the street. The car almost hit me." He man tried to get Spider-man to recall. "You swooped me up. You saved me. You said you needed me."
"The guy...you're the guy with the blue prints." Peter pointed to him.
"Yes. Blue prints." The man nodded. Peter flipped so his legs dangled over the car. Rory stood on the hood.
"Yes, I remember you." Peter laughed. "Of course I remember you!" The Parker man then slid from the car. Rory jumped down and followed slowly after Peter. He may have good reflexes, but Tory could still see intentions.
"You're my eyes and ears." Peter continued. "Uh, what's you're...what's you're name again?"
"How could you forget me?" The man grew angry.
"No, I do. I know it, I know it. Don't tell me." Peter put his hands on his head.
"It's Max." The man said anyway.
"Is is Max?" Peter retorted quickly.
"Yes." The man stumbled as the two grew closer.
"I'm sorry, I didn't recognize you with the...You look different." Peter chuckled. "How are you?"
Rory felt it immediately, the presence of another gun. Nonchalantly, she looked over her shoulder and saw the snipper from atop a billboard.
"I don't know what's going on with me." Max confirmed.
"I can see that. I can...I, I believe you." Peter tried his best to diffuse the tension Max had.
"It's strange, the power I feel." He glanced at his sparking hands. "I got so much...I got so much anger."
"I can see that...I can see that you don't want to hurt anybody. I can see that you don't know what's happening to you. It's gonna be alright." Peter said softly.
"I don't want them shooting at me anymore." Max pointed to the police.
"They're not gonna shoot you." Rory confirmed loudly.
"You guys, this is my buddy Max. I told you about Max No one shoots Max!" Peter yelled as well.
"You and me. It's just you and me." Peter told him. "It's just you and me talking."
Max tried to step forward was the electricity buzzed louder.
"Whoa, stay right there, Max. Right there. Just be careful if the grate." Rory finally began to speak up. "The electricity, ya know? It could hurt us."
"I just..." Max looked up at the TV screens, all of which showed the same news coverage of his face. "I just wanted everyone to see me."
"How about you come with us." Peter motioned to himself and Rory who was now next to him.
"Okay," Max nodded softly.
"Yeah, okay. Away from all these people, okay?" Peter motioned to the scared onlookers.
"Yeah, yes." Max stepped back to avoids the grate, but stepped on something and electricity crackled through him. He groaned, but was pushed away when a bullet hit him.
"No!No! Don't!" Peter waved his hands to stop the snipper. Max groaned and shot a beam of his electricity at the man. Peter shot a web, which just sent the electricity to his wrist. The Spider-man yelped as he was tossed across the street and into the car. Rory rushed to him and kneeled down.
"Hey, are you okay?" She grabbed his masked face. He pulled away and grabbed his shaking arm. The web shooter on the left hand was busted and buzzing. Rory looked over her shoulder as the billboard Max shot as was falling. Immediately, both hero's stood, Peter used his working web shooter to pull the officer standing under it away, while Rory used her power to push the big thing up and away from possible victims. The crowd around them cheered and chanted their names. Max looked around in shock, he looked up at the TV screens and saw as they quickly changed from his face to Spider-man and Lady Hecate. He grew even more angry as the crowd started to boo at him and call his harsh names. Max mumbled to himself, and Rory could see his aura getting angrier and angrier.
Slapping Peter's arm, she pulled him down so she could speak on his ear.
"He's getting mad, stay on your toes. And if he does anything, you get off the grate immediately.
"You're so selfish." Man growled as Peter and Rory turned back to him.
"Stay with me Max." Peter walked slowly to the man.
"You set me up." Max accused.
"No, I didn't set you up." Peter diffused.
"You lied to me!" Max's hands started to spark as his voice grew louder.
"No, I'm trying to help you. Let me help you." Peter stepped closer. Max dropped to his knees and Rory shoved Peter off the grate. When Electro grabbed onto the metal, the electricity ran through it and up to the stairs.
Peter flipped the car over, successfully breaking his already damaged web shooter. Meaning he now was only able to shoot from his right hand.
Rory could almost see in slow motion, how the people on the stairs would die from the metal, so, she closed her eyes and fell to her knees. She too grabbed ahold of the grate and screamed as the electricity dimmed from harm of the onlookers.
Peter forced his web to shoot two ways, stopping the police car from ramming into an older man. He then shot one we and threw it to a man's hand, before shooting another to a woman's hand, yanking them both away from touching the metal poles. Although the energy was weak due to Rory, it could still kill someone. Peter landed at the to of the stairs, the people running off to safety as everyone cheered for him. By now, Rory had grown used to the pain of the energy, so she had halted her screams. Now, her bright blue eyes crackled with electricity she had now gained.
"It's my birthday." Max mumbled. "So now it's time for me to light my candles." He threw a blast at Peter, who quickly dodged. Rory stood, the electricity running through her veins. This was the most energy she had had in ages, but she wasn't going to keep it.
Throwing a blast to Max, he faltered, but recover quickly and shot at Peter. Who had now yanked a fire hydrant and threw it at the blue man. Both attacks hit at the same time, knocking the other to the ground harshly.
"Spidey! You okay?" Rory yelled, afraid to get to close in fear of shocking him. His groan was enough to answer her before she used the energy to push herself off the ground.
Max had unfortunately landed into a TV screen. As she got closer, he ripped two wires from around him.
"Max, please. This isn't going to help the situation." She called. However, the man ignored her and pushed the ends into his chest, with a scream, all the lights in the city turned off, leaving everyone in darkness.
That was, until a boom rang out, and a gust of electricity rushed out, knocking out any and everything out of its way.
Rory, who happened to be an obstacle, was shoved out of the way with such force, when she hit the ground, she could hardly keep her eyes open. People were running and screaming, but she wasn't able to stay conscious enough to know if they got away safely.

Peter had disappeared, however, when Max began to shoot at the running people, he grabbed the hose on the fire truck, one of their helmets, and shot the blue man down.
Turning off the hose, Peter sighed. "Alright, Mike!" He cheered.
"Yeah." The man said as he slapped his palm against Spider-man's.
"Big John." Peter then turned to the other man.
"Nice job." The man complemented the vigilante.
"Nice job guys." Peter said as he swung the hose around. "Please doing business with you." He pretended to clip the hose to a belt.
Electro tried to get up, but ultimately staid on the ground. "Spider-man." He seethed.
Peter didn't waist any time as he swung ti Rory, who's eyes were fluttering open, the vibrant blue switched out for her comforting brown.
"Hey, did we win?" She sat up. Peter kneeled next to her.
"Yeah, all thanks to the fire department." Peter laughed, pulling her up from the ground with ease. "You good?"
"Oh yes, just a broken rib or two." Rory laughed. Peter wrapped his arm around her waist and they swung off.