chapter thirtysix

DR. WIZARD
—————————

 WIZARD—————————

—————————

WHEN RORY HEARD A SCREAM, SHE RAN OUT OF THE CELL. She didn't think it would work, but it did. Maybe the wizard who trapped her in there had the same kind of magic as she did.
"Be careful what you wish for, Parker." A man with a long red cape scolded the boy.
"Let me outta here!" The tentacle man slammed his fist against the invisible barrier that kept him trapped.
"Can you please explain to me what is going on?" The 'Parker' boy sighed.
"Cant you tell?" Rory walked up to them. "We got tossed into your universe." The cape wearing man looked over at her in shock.
"How did you get out?" He glanced at the cell.
"Simple spell." Rory shrugged. "You should really add some more defensive measures to that thing. It was a cute effort though."
The man seemed taken aback.
"No, Strange don't. She's good. She helped me." The boy defended for her.
"Yeah, I'm a good guy in my universe. I help Pete." Rory crossed her arms.
"Okay, whatever." The man waved her off, looking back to Peter. "That little spell that you botched where you wanted everyone to forget that Peter Parker's Spider-man, it started pulling everyone in who knows Peter Parker's Spider-man from every universe into this one." He took a breath. "Example A." He pointed to the young woman.
"From every universe?" Peter glanced between the two.
"Who are you? And where am I?" The tentacle man yelled over their bickering. The three ignored him.
"I think it's better we don't engage with them because, frankly, the multiverse is a concept about which we know frighteningly little." The man explained further.
"The multiverse is real?" The younger Peter chuckled.
"Damn, I just lost 20 bucks." Rory sighed.
"This shouldn't even be possible. Who even are you?" The older man turned back to Rory.
"Oh...you don't recognize me?" She placed a hand to her chest. "It's your mom, dearest." The man rolled his eyes and was about to send her back when she stopped him.
"Okay, okay, okay." Rory chuckled. "Sorry, I couldn't help myself. I'm Rory Morais."
"Wait, but I thought you stopped the spell." The young Peter changed the subject.
"No, I contained it. But it would appear that a few of them squeaked through." The man pointed to the tentacle man then Rory. "After you left I detected an otherworldly presence. I pursued it into the sewers, where I found that...slimy green son of a gun."
Rory and Young Peter looked over, the woman laughed.
"Holy shit. Hey Connors." She waved. The beast grunted at her.
"You know...it?" The younger Parker boy asked.
"Spell? As in magic?" The tentacle man scoffed. "What is this, a birthday party? Who is this clown? What is this madness?"
"Watch this." The caped man, Peter mumbled to her his name was Stephen Strange, said to them before turning to the man.
"Do you know a Peter Parker who's Spider-man?" Strange asked.
"Yes." Tentacle man nodded slowly.
"Is that him?" Strange pointed to the boy.
"No." The man furrowed his eyebrows.
"See?" Strange looked at the two. Peter glanced at the ground with punched eyebrows.
"Okay, here's what we gotta do." The wizard then began reiterating his plan. "I don't know how many of these...visitors...we've got-"
"We saw another one, on the bridge." Peter glanced the woman. "He was like a...flying green elf."
"Well, he sounds jolly." Strange clasped his hands together. "Why don't you start with him. I need you to capture them, bring them here while I figure out how to get them back before they destroy the fabric of reality, or worse...Wong finds out. And...Rory, go back you your cell." He glanced back as he walked off.
"Uh, Doctor Strange?" Young Peter called out.
"What?" The man turned with a sigh.
"My friends and I just got a second chance to get into MIT, and if the school sees me fighting these crazy monsters-" Peter started to rant.
"Hey, watch your mouth." Tentacle man scolded.
"Sorry, but-" Peter turned to him briefly. Rory snickered.
"Are you seriously still talking about college?" Stephen scoffed, drawing his arm back and slinging it in the direction of the two hero's. The little holder on this new Peter's belt began to flow over his body until finally flying from his hand. The Morais woman watched on in awe.
Strange then moved his hand over his arm and sparkles, just like the ones from the portal that got her there, engulfed it. The technology then quickly turned into something that looked way cooler.
"Hey, what did you just do?" The younger Peter asked accusingly.
"This." The wizard deadpanned, shooting the tech back towards the boy.
A web shaped beam flew out of the end and attached to the half tie the Parker boy still had on. Rory blinked and the next thing she knew Peter was inside the cell she used to inhabit.
"Hey, what are you-" Peter tried to walk forward, only to hit his nose against the barrier. Rory laughed.
"I have got to learn how to do that." She muttered, glancing back and forth between the two supers.
The tentacle man turned to Stephen with a shocked expression. "How did you do that?"
"Lost of birthday parties." The wizard sneered. He then turned and walked towards a stone carved pillar. He grasped the top and gave it a tug, making sure it was pointing to the right cell, before pressing a button on the top. Almost immediately the barrier vanished and the young Peter fell through.
"Hey." He turned to the man. All Strange did was send the entire piece of technology towards the boy. "Whoa." He muttered as he examined it.
"One shot, send them here, move on." Stephen explained with a bored tone. "You're welcome. Start by getting her back to her cell." He motioned to Rory who held up her middle finger with an innocent smile.
"Sir?" Peter quickly stopped the man as he began to walk away again. He sighed.
"Now what?" He mumbled, obviously annoyed with the entire situation.
"I know this is my mess, and I swear to you I'll fix it," The boy started strongly. "But I'm gonna need some help. Including Rory."