chapter twenty

SO NAKED AND SO LATE
——————————

SO NAKED AND SO LATE——————————

——————————

STARTING HER DAY SWINGING AROUND WITH PETER, RORY FELT THE WIND THROUGH HER HAIR AND SHE COULDN'T BE HAPPIER. The two had agreed on small time crime, no more Russian Mobs and no more giant lizards.
Flying by an alleyway, Rory pointed down to a little boy who was getting picked on. Peter and Rory both jumped down, landing perfectly and stood slowly. They just stood there for a second before the bullies ran off.
Rory turned and kneeled down, picked up the boys project. "You made this?" She questioned with a smile.
"Yeah." The boy nodded nervously.
"That's a wind turbine!" Peter chuckled. "You made this?" The boy nodded. "No way!" The boy just nodded again, a smile on his face.
"This is amazing." Peter took the pieces from his companions hands and held them together. He shot a couple webs and connected them again.
Rory gave the thing a spin and smiled. "Good as new, right? We can walk you home."
The boy smiled brightly and nodded excitedly, Rory could tell this would be a story he'd tell for years.
As they walked out of the alleyway, Peter turned to the boy.
"What's your name?" The Spider vigilante asked.
"Jorge." The boy looked up.
"Jorge?" Peter confirmed. "I'm...I'm Spider-man, that's Lady Hecate." Rory waved slightly.

Again and again Peter and Rory traveled around town, helping the people police glance over, or get to too late.
Like the time Peter swung a woman out of the way of a fatal car crash while Rory held the cars from traveling any farther.
Or the time they got covered in sweat goo.
Or when they where covered in feathers.
Or when Peter lost an eye cover and came home with a fish.

Once, as they stood at the end of a cross walk, a lady painted like the Statue of Liberty turned to the two. "Nice outfits." She complemented with a smile. Peter and Rory, who had noticed the on coming police cruisers, walked into the street, but not before answering the woman.
"Thanks." Peter said.
"Why thank you, Lady Liberty." Rory bowed with a smile before the two grabbed ahold on the cars and were whisked away.

Another time, fairly recent, the two had gotten back from a mission and apparently, Peter had caught a cold. As he removed his suit, he sneezed heavily.
"Pete, you should get some meds. Otherwise, you'll sneeze the house away." Rory laughed as she slipped from his window.
When Peter obeyed, he shook his head as a man held his gun at the cashier.
"Give me the money!" The robber ushered nervously. Peter quickly dawned his suit and shot his webs at the first time robber, yanking him back dramatically.
Dropping all the over the counter medication, Spider-man mumbled as he spoke. "How much?"
"Hey, you're the Spider guy!" The cashier laughed with a bright smile.
"It's Spider-Man." Peter mumbled. The robber was webbed onto the refrigerators behind him.
"Huh?" The cashier furrowed his eyebrows, his smile faltering.
"I'm-" Peter tried again, but sneezed heavily and gave up, passing over the money before taking his things and walking out.

-

Rory and Peter sat atop a building, the two, despite not talking to the blonde much, wanted to at least keep an eye on her. Peter sighed as Gwen walked down the street.
"I feel bad for not talking to her. But, she hasn't tried to talk to me either." Rory fidgeted with her fingers.
"Yeah, I haven't heard anything from her either." Peter shook his head. "It's like we haven't saved her life 3 different times already."
"Well, I guess she needs her time to come to an understanding on why we must keep our distance." Rory patted Peter's shoulder.
The two were drawn away from the blonde by a fire siren, and about a block away, a floor of a large building was caught aflame.
The two glanced back to their friend, who had halted in her walking, before jumping off the building and swinging the the trouble.

Finally getting everyone out of the burning building, Peter swung himself and his vigilante partner to his home, both collapsing on the bed. While they tried to catch their breath, the doorknob started to rattle.
"Peter, honey?" May's voice sounded from the closed door. "Honey? Can I come in?" She tried the knob again.
Peter sat up quickly, groaning as he did so, and sighed. He still had his suit on, was covered in soot, and hadn't even taken his mask off all the way. Not to mention the fact that Rory was there unannounced.
"No!" Peter called as he quickly ushered Rory off the bed.
"Peter, the final starts at 9, honey." May reminded, tapping her fingers against the wood. "And you said you would take my car into the shop because it keeps dying, remember?"
Peter ripped the mask off his head and flung himself onto the wall as he tried to pull his suit off. Rory glanced around for a place to hide.
"Give me a second, Aunt May. I'll get....I'm gonna get the door." Peter's voice was muffled as his head was in the suit he tried to yank off. "Just give me a second, just-"
"Peter, please just let me in, alright?" May continued to knock on the door.
Rory had to jump back as a frantic Peter continued to flip around the room, eventually landing on the ceiling while pulling off his shoe.
"I'm trying to get-" Peter tried to make an excuse but May just kept talking over him.
"You said your final was at 9. And you're gonna take my car into the shop..." May sighed. However, when Peter tossed his shoe, it landed in the locking mechanism and the door was slowly unlocked.
"No, no, you can't come in." Peter yelped once he noticed, motioning Rory to hide somewhere. He flipped from the ceiling onto the bed and pulled the covers over his suit, Rory ducked into the closet quickly and held her breath.
"Stay outside, I'm so naked, it's just..." Peter tried to convince his aunt, and Rory tried her best to not let out a snort.
"Peter, for goodness sake!" May groaned, twisting the handle as the lock finally opened. Rory spotted his discarded shoe and rushed over to snatch it, quickly rolling under the desk and squeezing under it.
Peter rolled his eyes at her but said nothing, flipping his head on the pillow.
"You said you're gonna take my car into the shop because it-" May finally walked in and saw Peter tucked under his covers. She furrowed her eyebrows. "Are you alright?"
"Yeah, I'm okay." Peter huffed out a breath, quickly glancing to the not-so-hidden Rory.
"I'm just...I'm very naked right now." Peter stated again, Rory quickly squeezed her eyes shut to stop the laugh that was burbling in her stomach.
"What happened to your face? It's filthy." May pointed out.
"It is?" Peter tried to play dumb.
"Yes!" May said as if it was obvious. Which, technically is was.
"Oh, yeah, yeah." Peter nodded, trying to come up with an excuse. "I was cleaning the chimney."
May furrowed her eyebrows more, glancing away quickly before looking back to her nephew. "We have no chimney." She reminded him.
"What?" Peter lied horribly. Rory was visibly shaking from unheard laughter. Peter almost rolled his eyes.
"You're late." May rolled her eyes.
"I know, I'm late." Peter nodded quickly.
"Downstairs. Now." May pointed behind her.
"I know." Peter mumbled. "Can you, can you leave? Cause I'm pretty naked here."
"Alright, I'm leaving." May turned to close the door before she glanced up and saw how the hanging light was swinging. She sighed and shook her head as the door closed.
"Morning, I love you!" Peter called through the door.
"I love you too, hurry up." Mays muffled voice sounded as she walked away.
Almost immediately, Rory fell from her spot and brushed out laughing. Peter fumbled from under the covers and too hit the ground. He spotted his fathers leather bag and grabbed it. Rory still laughing. She only stopped when she realized he wasn't protesting. She stood slowly and her smile faltered.
"What is it?" She asked softly, but her answer came from Peter tossing the bag into his closet and shooting a web to yank it closed.