chapter fortytwo

THIS IS THE END
——————————

THIS IS THE END ——————————

—————————

RORY GLANCED AT PETER P WITH A CURIOUS LOOK. Otto glanced around the room in what seemed to be awe.
"Those voices inside my head..." Octavius chuckled softly. "I'd almost forgotten."
"Otto." Norman smiled as he looked at his old friend.
"Yes. Norman." Dock Ock smiled as his tentacles moved the man to the lower floor. "It's me." The man smiled brightly.
Peter P and Rory jumped down and landed with ease in front of their first fixer-upper.
"Would you look at that." Flint scoffed slightly, the worry and hesitation he had beforehand withering away.
The younger Parker boy tapped on the hologram and one of the metal arms wrapped around his chest. The nano tech moved swiftly back to the Spider-man's suit.
"I'm grateful, dear boy. Truly." Otto held his hand out for a firm shake. Peter smiled softly.
"Yeah, you're welcome." The boy glanced at Rory who had a proud look plastered across her features.
"How can I help?" Dock Ock brought the group quickly back to the situation at hand.

Norman quickly wrote calculations down as the fabricator made another cure.
"How does it feel, Norman?" Otto asked with full sincerity. "You're about to become whole again. No more darker half. Just you."
The Osborn man's back straightened up, and something in his demeanor changed. Not that the ex-villain would catch onto.
"Just me." His voice was harsher than before, but Otto chalked it up to exhaustion from the long day they've had. Norman turned and the two shared a smile.

Peter P tapped away on a computer with Max sat in front of him. Rory was leaning against a wall across from the two, arms crossed and in full preparation to jump in if the Dillon man tried anything.
"Okay, uhm..." Peter P held a round magnet towards Electro's chest. "It just goes right here. Just..." He trailed off as the device began to beep, a ring of green dots flashing in sync.
"That should be drawing power now." Rory informed her old supervillain confidently. "We'll come back in a few to check on it."
"Yeah, just...keep an eye on the lights." The young Parker boy nodded along. "When they're all green it means all the electricity in your body's dissipated. Well, not all of the electricity. I mean, obviously you know you need electricity for your brain to function, and your nervous system is...I'm not really sure why I'm explaining electricity to you." The boy turned back to his computer awkwardly. Rory chuckled and walked behind his chair, patting his shoulder softly.
"Yeah, can I ask you a question?" Max said quietly.
"Sure." Peter P perked up once more at the invitation to go on another rant.
"Are these your Legos?" The Dillon man never broke eye contact as he motioned to the mess of the toy across the table.
Peter was about to answer when the fabricator chimed. Rory smacked his shoulder lightly.
"Yo, the thing is done." The Morais woman said quickly, trying to distract the boy from further embarrassment.
"Uh, I gotta go." Peter glanced back at Max. "We. We'll be right back." He rushed out of his seat with Rory right behind him.