chapter twentysix

ADVANCEMENTS AND PROBLEMS
———————

ADVANCEMENTS AND PROBLEMS———————

———————

AFTER GETTING HOME, MANNY WAS QUICK TO QUESTION HIS DAUGHTER.
"You said Gwen called, then next thing I know, you're on the news taking the full blast of electricity!" He cornered the girl in the kitchen, she sighed and walked to the fridge, taking out a bottle of water.
"Papa, Gwen did call. And I was with her, but-" Rory started.
"But Peter called for some help?" Manny finished for her, his arms crossing over his chest in disappointment.
"No, I could feel this guys aura from miles away." Rory gulped down the water. "Usually, I can feel all the auras around me, and they are all the same pressure, but this guy....This guy is the next big thing."
"Which is why you can't be out there." Manny told her sternly.
"Ugh, don't try. I've already had this talk with Peter." Rory walked past her father and up the stairs.
"Rory, you could die!" Manny called up after her.
"Other innocent people will die if I don't fight." Rory finished. She walked into her room and tossed her stuff at the foot of her bed, flipping down on the mattress, she punched the bridge of her nose and huffed.
"You okay?" Luis' soft voice came from the doorway. Rory looked over and smiled softly.
"Yeah, I'm just tired is all." She whispered. Luis walked to her and climbed up on the bed next to her. He tucked next to her.
"You know I love that you're Lady Hecate, right?" He mumbled, Rory chuckled.
"I know." She patted his head.
"And you know I approve of Peter?" Luis added, this time Rory coughed out her laugh. She held her stomach.
"I'm glad, buddy. He likes you too." She rolled into her side and held tight to her younger brother. He was her greatest supporter and she couldn't be more grateful.

-

Rory woke the next morning to her phone buzzing rapidly next to her bed. Reaching over a sleeping Luis, she grabbed the devise and held it to her ear.
"Hello?" Her voice was cracked from sleeping.
"Hey, Ror." Peter said. "Listen, I might need your help with something. Can I swing by?"
Rory glanced at her alarm clock and sighed. "Yeah, okay. I'll get dressed." She stated before hanging up the phone and standing up.
As she got ready, Luis stirred. "What are you doing?" He grumbled.
"Hey, bud. Go back to sleep." She walked over and tucked him back under the covers. "I just have to help Peter with something. I'll be back before you know it." She kissed the top of his head.
Luis nodded and turned to face the other way, Rory smiled and stood, grabbing her bag and heading downstairs.
In his office, Manny was face down on his desk, soft snores coming from his open mouth. Rory laughed before grabbing a sticky note and writing down where she would be.
She stuck it on his hand and kissed his cheek. Slipping on her shoes, she went outside and waited.
It didn't take long for Peter to swoop her up.

-

Stopping at Oscorp, Rory was more than confused.
"Wait, so, you picked me up so we could see what Harry meant by you saving his life? Why'd you need me?" She asked frantically and followed after the Parker man.
"You're an amazing scientist, you might be able to help we're I lack." Peter explained absentmindedly.