chapter ten

MEETING THE PARENTS
—————————

MEETING THE PARENTS—————————

—————————

WAKING UP WITH A BRUISE AND CUT IN YOUR EYEBROWS ISN'T WHAT RORY WANTED. She doubted Spider-man would go to her school, let alone see her around, but it was still rather inconvenient. Especially with friends like Missy and Gwen who liked to pry.

"Rory, gotta go!" Manny yelled from the front door, he insisted on driving them after the night his daughter had. Saying something about how Rory shouldn't have to ride she skateboard since she practically got hit by a bus. She didn't argue, she was pretty sore. And her head was killing her.

-

Walking to her locker, Rory caught sight of the Parker boy at his. After throwing her books in the cubby, she walked to her friend.
"Hey Pete." She said as she nudged his arm. He seemed to be trying to cover his face from her.
"Hey, how's it going?" He asked.
"You know, it's going." Rory shrugged. "Where are you headed?"
"Monday, B track." Peter stated nonchalantly.
"Dude, it's Thursday." Rory told him with a confused look.
"It's Thursday?" Peter furrowed his eyebrows, genuine confusion written across his face.
"Yes," Rory chuckled nervously. "Are you feeling alright?" She put the back of her hand on his forehead. Peter pulled his head back and Rory caught sight of what he was hiding.
"Yeah, I feel fine." He tried to convince her with a smile.
"What the hell happened to your eye?" She reached her hand up again but the Parker boy caught it.
"Oh, uh yeah, no. I don't, maybe I have a rash or-" He was cut off of his excuses when he saw Rory's eyebrow.
"What the hell happened my eye? What the hell happened to yours?" He stopped walking, grabbing the back of her neck to get a better look. Rory's breath caught in her throat.
"I uhm, I fell out of bed this morning." She chuckled. "It happens a lot."
"Mm." Peter nodded, but Rory could tell he didn't believe her. "And your hand?" He glanced at the girls hand, the same one she cut on his door, the same one he saw Lady Hecate with on that one dreadful night.
"It's nothing." Rory smiled innocently.
Finally he removed his hand and the two stood awkwardly.
"Anyway," Rory cleared her throat. "You wanna come over tonight? For your science project?"
"Oh, yeah sure. Uhm, yeah, whenever today should be good." Peter nodded quickly.
"Right, perfect. Uhm, so would you want to just, like, walk home with me?" Rory took a quick step back to gain distance after their quick stare down.
"Yeah, no yeah that would be great." Peter smiled slightly.
"Okay, yeah alright." Rory went to walk away but quickly stopped. "Oh yeah, it'll be a little but if a walk, we have to stop by my brothers school."
"Not a problem." Peter called back to her. The two smiled and turned, walking to their classes.

-

Rory stood outside the school with her skateboard. She felt like a love struck loser who was waiting for a ghost, but he had told her they would walk together, and he didn't seem to have any bad intentions. Then again, the Morais girl was so caught up with the fact Peter grabbed her face, that she wasn't really paying attention to his aura.
"Hey, Rory."Peter called as he rushed down the stairs. "Sorry I kept you waiting, I had to get something out of my locker."
"Oh, no worries. The breeze feels nice." Rory turned. As soon as Peter got next to her, she stepped on her board and kicked away.
"Come on! We don't have all day." She smirked. Peter chuckled before kicking off on his skateboard as well.