chapter fourteen

MAYBE FRIENDS MAYBE MORE
—————————————

MAYBE FRIENDS MAYBE MORE—————————————

—————————————

RORY SUPPOSED SHOWING UP AT HOME WITH AN INJURED SPIDER-MAN WASN'T WHAT LUIS WAS EXPECTING. Although, he was very excited he had guessed who was behind the mask.
After sending him to read in bed, Rory grabbed a few wash cloths, a bowl of water, and some bandages and hobbled back to her room. There, Peter was sitting on the floor with his back against Rory's bed. He was looking at the ceiling and hadn't noticed she got back.
"You know, Luis bet you were Spider-man." Rory chuckled, sitting down next to her friend.
"Really?" Peter chuckled before his smile faltered. "Are you, disappointed?"
"Oh god no." Rory dismissed quickly. "I figured if anyone was to be Spider-man it would be you."
"Why?" He turned to her slightly.
"You're good. A good guy. I knew only you would run around New York in spandex." She joked, dipping the cloth into the bowl. "Now, can you get the top of the suit off or do you need help?"
"What?" Peter glanced at his suit.
"Dude, you literally are going to bleed out, and quite frankly, I would hope you wouldn't die on my nice, new rug." Rory smiled innocently, pointing to the soft material they sat on.
Peter sighed but ultimately unzipped the top of his suit. When he tugged it down, Rory winced.
"Yikes, how are you not dead?" She raised the cloth to his chest. He wasn't able to answer as the Morais girl dabbed the cloth to the wound. Peter winced and grabbed her wrist harshly.
"Hey, I gotta clean it. We were in that nasty ass water." Rory looked him in the eye.
"Sorry, instinct." He explained shortly, letting go of her arm.
"It's okay." She smiled lightly.

After cleaning Peter's wounds, she moved on to hers. Slipping her bottoms down just a little, she was able to see the wound, problem was, she couldn't reach it.
"Here, I'll do it." Peter offered, gesturing to the cloth.
"Thanks." She handed it over and slid closer to him. The cut was closer to the back of her thigh, which is why she couldn't reach it. Peter dabbed it lightly and constantly glanced at the Morais girls face, just to make sure he wasn't hurting her.
After wrapping her wound, she went to wrap Peter's, but was stopped when she looked up and he was just staring at her.
"What?" She laughed nervously.
"Nothing, nothing." He laughed as well. "You're just really pretty."
"Say again?" Rory scooted closer so she could hear him.
"You're a goddess." He mumbled. Rory backed up and chuckled.
"Well, my namesake is Hecate. She's actually-" Rory started to explain but was cut off when Peter gently grabbed her face.
"I don't like the idea of you doing this." He told her.
"Doing what?" She whispered due to their closeness.
"Being a vigilante. It's dangerous." He glanced at her lips.
"It's dangerous for you too." She reminded.
"But I don't worry about me when you could be in danger." He leaned in closer.
"I won't be. I've done this a lot longer than you, bug boy." She joked.
"What did you call me?" He laughed, pulling her face closer to his. As their noses brushed, Rory's eyes fluttered closed at the anticipation of a kiss from Peter. She didn't know she had been craving it.
"Ror, I think dad just got here." Luis barged into the room. The Parker boy and Morais girl sprung apart from each other and Rory mumbled a few curses in spanish.
"Okay, get back in bed, and pretend to be sleeping. I'll be there in a minute." Rory told him quickly as she stood up.
"Well, hurry up your make out session, we don't have all day." The boy grumbled as he left the room. Rory rolled her eyes.
"Peter, I'm really really sorry but if my dad comes in here and I have blood stained things around, I'm dead." She told the boy.
"It's okay, I'll wash them and bring the back. Okay?" Peter stood and grabbed the towels and his bag.
"Thank you. Oh and, uhm..." Rory trailed off. "Nevermind. Be careful swinging home, you could hurt yourself more."
"I know. I'll see you at school tomorrow." He waved as he jumped out of her window.
Rory quickly changed into a loose shirt and some baggy sweats and tiptoed to Luis' room. It was a tradition that when the young boy was sick, Rory would spend every moment she could with him, even sleeping in his room so she could help of he got sick in the night.
"God, took you long enough." Luis rolled his eyes.
"Whatever buttface." She said as she tucked the covers around her brother and laid on top of them. "Oh, don't say anything about the watch or that Peter was here, or that Peter is Spider-man, or that I'm hurt. Okay?"
"Okay, okay." Luis held his pinky up. Rory hooked hers with it and chuckled.
"Oh, and since we have no more secrets, are you sure you don't like Peter?" Luis wiggled his eyebrows. Fortunately for Rory, the front door creaked open.
"Pretend to be sleeping." She mumbled. As he slouched in a comfortable position, Rory also pretended to be asleep, brushing hair off her younger brothers face.