chapter 163

Lin Xi was immediately stunned and Chu Muqing also froze slightly.

Facing a boy who was kowtowing frantically at them, Lin Xi immediately bent down and raised her hand to stop him.

Lin Xi helped him up and looked at the boy's face.

He looked really young, the greenness on his face had not faded away, his face was completely pale, tears welled up from his eyes and slid down his unclean cheeks.

He gives the impression that this child is beautiful even when he's crying.

He's such a beautiful boy that he can't bear to cry.

However, such a boy was abducted to this village called Tongshao Village.

Lin Xi looked at him silently but didn't say a word. The narrow room was extremely stuffy, and the radiator burned on people's bodies, making people's minds mess up.

"Who kidnapped you here?" Chu Muqing looked at the boy and asked, "Where are you from?"

"You...are you asking about my hometown or..." The boy looked at her with pleading eyes, his voice was already dry, and he asked in a hoarse voice, "Can you take me out of here?"

"Of course." Chu Muqing looked into his eyes soothingly, and at the same time said decisively, "We can also send you to the county police station to report the case."

On the other hand, Lin Xi has found him a bottle of mineral water.

"Drink some water first and speak slowly." Lin Xi said to him, "You're safe here."

There was a two-dollar label on the mineral water bottle. The boy took it and thanked him gratefully. Then he twisted the cap of the bottle and looked up and started pouring frantically into his throat.

His lips were dry and chapped and he hadn't drank water for many days.

Lin Xi guessed that he hadn't eaten for a long time but she only saw a few bottles of mineral water in the small room in this hotel and she didn't see any bread that could satisfy his hunger at all.

Lin Xi and Chu Muqing looked at each other. The room was completely silent, except for the boy's "gudonggudong" drinking water.

He drank a whole bottle of water in the fastest time, then held the empty water bottle in his hand, pinched it nervously, and looked at Lin Xi and Chu Muqing.

The boy lowered his voice and said slowly, "My name is Han Qi. I'm a freshman at the branch of Shanhe University of Finance and Economics in Qimao County."

Lin Xi looked at the map before coming here. On the map, Qimao County is next to Dongguan County both belong to Shanhe Province. The development of Qimao County is better than that of Dongguan County.

"Then how did you get abducted into this village?" Lin Xi asked, "The university should be on vacation at this time, right? Who tricked you into this—"

Before she could finish her question, Han Qi said, "My family's conditions are not good, so if I don't go home to celebrate the New Year, I can go to the milk tea shop in Qimao County to do a part-time job, and I can earn more money next year by taking a few more winter vacation jobs. A week ago, on the weekend, I left the dormitory and went to get off work in a milk tea shop. I got off work at eight o'clock in the evening and when I left the milk tea shop, a man was handing out flyers."

"He took the initiative to talk to me. He was a very young man, hunchbacked, talkative and smiling. He told me that he was from Dongguan County next door. Ask me if I want to work with him."