chapter 111

Mrs. Chu celebrates her birthday every year and every time it is handled by Uncle Chu's family.

Since Grandpa Chu passed away, Mrs. Chu has always had the final say in the family. Second Uncle Chu racked his brains and tried his best to make Mrs. Chu happy.

What was different from the past was that in the past, the banquet was held when the time was up but this time Second Uncle Chu said that they had to wait for Chu Muqing and Lin Xi to arrive.

"What time is it?" The old lady Chu sat on the main seat of the dining table. With her gray hair, she didn't have the kindness of the old man at all. Her eyes were wide and looked a bit hideous. She looked at Chu Er with dissatisfaction. Uncle said: "Are they coming yet?"

It was already twelve o'clock now but Lin Xi and Chu Muqing had not arrived yet and the old lady Chu was so angry that she completely lost her appetite.

Uncle Chu's stomach was also holding his breath but now it's not what it used to be, so it's better to be late.

"Mom, I'll call Mu Qing again and urge them."

Uncle Chu said, got up and walked out of the living room, picked up the phone and went out to make a call.

Second Uncle Chu's move made Chu Tuxin listen and couldn't help sneering.

If this was the case in the past, the meal would have been served long ago in such a situation, when have you waited?

Uncle Chu came back with the phone and shook his head at Mrs. Chu: "No answer."

The old lady Chu slammed the table, gasping for breath, Chu Jinglan immediately stood up and gave the old lady some relief.

"...Sister, she might be stuck in traffic." Chu Jinglan whispered.

Chu Tuxin really couldn't hold back his laughter now. If she remembered correctly, this was the first time that Chu Jinglan spoke for Chu Muqing in her life.

Second Aunt Chu quit: "What is the traffic jam? The traffic jam can last all morning? Jing Lan, what do you mean by helping her find an excuse?"

Chu Jinglan's expression was a little embarrassed, and she whispered, "I didn't..."

Although she didn't dare to offend Chu Muqing and Lin Xi again, she had been deliberately building a good relationship with the second uncle Chu's family. It was the same, Chu Muqing became the daughter-in-law of the Lin family.

Her current attitude is indeed that neither side wants to offend but neither side can please.

She had offended Chu Muqing before and if she was Chu Muqing, she wouldn't be able to let her go.

The more Chu Jinglan thought about it, the more worried she became. She went to see Mo Beichen, who was sitting farther away. Mo Beichen was looking down at the time on his watch. Chu Jinglan frowned. Who are you waiting for? Chu Muqing?

Chu Jinglan felt more and more angry when she thought of this and she didn't want to talk anymore.

Aunt Chu looked at the old lady Chu dissatisfiedly and said, "Mom, look at Chu Muqing, how many days have she been with the third ancestor of the Chuangrong Group? Why don't she even care about it?"

Second Uncle Chu remained silent, almost tacitly acquiescing to Second Aunt Chu's remarks.

The old lady Chu was soft-hearted. As soon as Second Aunt Chu was scolded, thinking of Chu Muqing's current attitude towards her, she was obviously late on purpose. She was just telling them that she was dissatisfied with the Chu family!