chapter 153

Depuis le début

Mother Lin took a deep breath before she said solemnly: "Xiaoxi, he's a lunatic, he took you away without authorization before and let you come back hurt, leaving you at the door of the old house, disappearing for so many years. If he hurts you again—"

When Mama Lin thought of what happened back then, her voice trembled.

Lin Xi quickly assured: "Don't worry, Mom, if he appears in front of me and hurts me, I will definitely call the police."

"Don't call the police!"

Lin Xi was stunned: "What did you say?"

"Child, you promise mother that you have a few more people follow you. Once you find Duan Pingchuan, tell me as soon as possible and don't call the police."

Lin Xi frowned again.

Can't call the police...

What is the reason for not calling the police?

Is it because Mama Lin still has friendship with Duan Pingchuan or is it for some other reason...

Lin Xi couldn't figure it out at all, she could only ask, "Mom, can you tell me why you didn't let me call the police?"

But Mama Lin didn't say more, just softly persuaded: "Child, mother is thinking for your own good, you protect yourself, okay?"

Lin Xi was startled, then smiled and said, "Okay, I'll definitely listen to you."

But at the same time, Lin Xi's unease could no longer be suppressed.

Mother Lin seemed to know something and was very sure that Duan Pingchuan would hurt her. A person who would hurt her daughter but Mama Lin didn't want her to call the police.

She suddenly remembered that Mother Lin had asked her more than once where Duan Pingchuan had taken her back then.

Duan Pingchuan took the original body away, and then the original body was injured and sent back by Duan Pingchuan. After that, Duan Pingchuan disappeared for many years and suddenly reappeared...

What's the connection?

Lin Xi was silent for a while and was about to give Lin's mother a side blow but Chen Yue knocked on the door again and came in.

Chen Yue stopped at the office door and reminded respectfully, "Ms. Lin, it's time for the meeting."

Lin Xi responded, then squeezed the phone and said to Mama Lin, who was opposite the receiver, "Mom, I'm going to the meeting first."

Mother Lin said warmly, "Go."

Lin Xi smiled and said, "Goodbye, Mom."

Hanging up the phone, Lin Xi picked up the documents on the table and Chen Yue then opened the office door wider.

Lin Xi went out and said to Chen Yue while walking towards the elevator, "Assistant Chen, please help me check a person's entry and exit records if you have time."

Chen Yue immediately said, "Ms. Lin, whose records do you want to check?"

Lin Xi paused and said to Chen Yue, "Duan Pingchuan."

Chen Yue nodded: "Okay, Ms. Lin, I will reply to you as soon as possible."

Lin Xi stopped: "Thank you."

Five minutes later, Lin Xi walked into the huge conference room. Lin Xi's arrival was the signal for the start of the meeting.

She sat in the chair and under the auspices of Chen Yue, the meeting officially began.