A Delivery

Zephyr took a step back as he blocked a strike from Windu's lightsaber, quickly moving his saber to do the same once again.

With a quick move Zephyr grasped the Jedi Master's lightsaber with his hand, causing Windu's eyes to widen for a moment.

"HA, HA" Zephyr said triumphantly, swiftly being cut off by a leg sweep from the Jedi.

"Ow..." Zephy said quietly as Windu deactivated his lightsaber.

"That was reckless" Windu said simply as Zephyr stood up, shaking his now orange glowing hand.

"Yeah well, I gotta try and catch you off guard to have a chance" Zephyr retorted.

"Your mind is clouded Padawan, you let your emotions have too much control over you" Windu stated in a matter of fact tone, approaching Zephyr.

"You have a good head on your shoulders. Use it" Windu stated bluntly, poking Zephyr's forehead.

"Yes Master" Zephyr acknowledged with a sigh, a beep on his comm link catching his attention.

"Padawan Zephyr" the cyborg said aloud as he brought up his comm link.

"Sir you have a delivery waiting for you" A clone said through the comm link, earning a look of confusion from Zephyr.

"A delivery?"

"That's correct sir, it is waiting for you in your personal quarters"

"Thank you trooper"

"Of course sir"

Zephyr deactivated his comm link before looking to Windu, who was stood with his arms crossed.

"You are dismissed Padawan, keep training diligently" Windu said simply, letting Zephyr take his leave.

Slowly the cyborg made his way back to his personal quarters, finding a small package on his bed.

Upon opening it, he found a small holo-disc communicator.

Pressing the flashing blue button Zephyr's eyes narrowed into green dots as a hologram was projected, having to adjust to the light.

The hologram flickered for a moment before Stabilizing showing the image of the Dutchess of Mandalor, holding her own communicator.

"Zephyr! I see you got my gift" the Dutchess said excitedly.

Zephyr stuttered over his words for a moment. His composure near instantly faltering.

"M-Mother! I wasn't expecting a call from you..." Zephyr said with a half hearted laugh.

"I wanted to make sure we could stay in contact" Satine said softly, a small smile forming on her face.

"Have you been eating well? From what I hear the food at the Temple can be...varied" The dutchess asked with a half hearted chuckle.

"Well...it's palatable" Zephyr admitted, his own chuckle escaping from him.

*To Be Continued*