Until We Meet Again

"I know you have to return to the order, I just wish it wasn't so soon" Satine said with a sigh walking with Zephyr towards the landing docks.

"If I could stay longer I would...I have many questions, though I'm not too sure I would know how to ask them" Zephyr explained with a pained wince.

A gust of wind caught both of their attention, noticing the same republic ship that dropped Zephyr off was landing.

"Well I suppose this is goodbye for now" The Dutchess said as she cleared her throat.

There was an awkward silence, but it only lasted a moment as the Dutchess rapidly and embraced her son, holding him tightly.

Zephyr hesitated before returning the embrace his glow flickering meekly.

Despite not having truly processed the last day or so. He felt an odd unease at the thought of leaving. As if he were afraid to do so.

"Alright, take care of yourself Zhiri, if not for your sake. Then for mine" Satine said as she gently fixed Zephyr's hair.

"I will try" Zephyr said with a slight nod, the landing ramp to the ship having begun to open.

Shaak-Ti stepped out from the ship, her arms folded.

"Zephyr, your highness" The Jedi Master greeted, a slight bow directed towards Satine.

"I trust Zephyr fulfilled his duties?"

"That he did, he took a blaster bolt to save me actually" The Dutchess said with a slight sniff, trying to clear her running nose as she had begun to tear up.

"Well then he will rest once gets back to the Temple" Shaak-Ti said sternly, narrowing her eyes slightly.

"You needn't worry yourself Dutchess, this one seems to be a bit accident prone" she finished, her friendly demeanor returning to her.

"Is that so?" The Dutchess asked curiously, placing her hands on her hips disapprovingly as she looked to Zephyr.

"Come Zephyr, you need rest" Shaak-Ti said as she began to lead the young cyborg away. Letting him wave to Satine momentarily.

As he stepped up into the ship, Shaak-Ti stopped Zephyr, causing him to turn to her.

"Your saber, Padawan" Shaak-Ti offered, holding the inactive weapon in her hand.

Zephyr hesitantly grasped the weapon, watching it near instantly react to his presence.

The crystal within the housing began to glow a bright green, the blade of the saber activating on its own.

Despite his state of uncertainty and confusion. Zephyr found a small smile cross his face.

He has a lot of thinking to do.

*To Be Continued*