Lost Child

Zephyr woke with a searing pain in his abdomen, a frustrated growl escaping from him.

"I'm getting real sick of waking up like this!" Zephyr said to himself, attempting to sit up.

However he was weighed down, not by much. But enough to keep him from exerting himself.

The Dutchess had fallen asleep at his side, though she had obviously fallen over, now laying her upper half across him.

Zephyr hesitantly and awkwardly shook her awake, earning a confused hum from her.

"Ah Zephyr. My apologies, i was waiting quite a while for you to wake up" the Dutchess said drowsily as she sat up, a slight yawn escaping her.

"It's alright your highness, im just glad you're safe. Did they get the sniper?" Zephyr asked, a slight wince of pain visible on his face.

"No they did not...however we did run that DNA test on you" The Dutchess said as she activated the Data pad.

She hesitated for a moment as she looked to the Data pad, clearing her throat.

"Do you remember what I told you. About my child?" The Dutchess asked hesitantly, earning a nod from Zephyr.

"Well, one night after I tucked him into his bed. There was a break in, no valuables were taken. No one was hurt"

"But they took my child"

"I never got to know why, or who-"

"You're trying to tell me that this is how MY mother would feel right?" Zephyr asked with a half hearted chuckle, trying to lighten the mood.

The Dutchess sighed to herself, looking to the Data pad.

"You didn't let me finish" The Dutchess stated with a sightly drier tone in her voice. Causing Zephyr to shrink in his bed.

"Sorry...." Zephyr said in an apologetic tone.

"I never got to know why they took them or who took them" The Dutchess said as she looked back to the Data pad.

"Until now" she stated with a shaky breath.

"Your real name. Is Zhiri Kryze. The only son to Satine Kryze The Dutchess Of Mandalor. Heir to the Mandalorian throne."  The Dutchess read off the Data pad. Her voice threatening to break.

Zephyr felt as if he were in a paralysis. Not out of fear, nor joy. But shock.

He had expected to at least know who his parents were by the end of his visit, especially after the time he had spent with Satine.

But to find out his mother was still not only alive. But she was the Dutchess of Mandalor?

He just took a blaster bolt to protect his MOTHER??

"I-I..."

"T-This is-"

"It's alright Zhiri, I know this is lot to take in. Believe me, I do" The Dutchess said with her voice finally breaking, tears streaming down her face.

Zephyr's green glow flickered as he placed a hand on his head, an odd overwhelming sense of panic overcoming him.

He leaned back in his bed, his heart beating in his chest like a war drumb.

What was he going to tell the order? SHOULD he tell the order?

What would happen to him then? Would he get kicked out?

He didn't know.

*To Be Continued*